Using dev environment to expand CTCSS/DCS tone list.

Discussions related to the firmware code development
Vertzz

Re: Using dev environment to expand CTCSS/DCS tone list.

Post by Vertzz » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm

This behavior and attitude is unbelievable. The stock GD-77 itself comes with an unrestricted code list, and you can disagree with it all you want, but again nearly every HT made in the past 20 years also has lesser restrictions. The CTCSS/DCS is a guideline, not a law, and a guideline which has promptly been ignored by practically every manufacturer for decades, for practical reasons.

Snide and chiding replies such as ok1pt explaining things as if I have a mental retardation and don't know how to read is uncalled for, and don't act like he wasn't being that way.
This behavior is what has been killing the radio community, turning off new people, and you should be ashamed of yourselves and the high horse you sit atop.

Again, because I have been backhandedly insulted for asking salient questions, I will leave you with a deserved insult:
You fellas remind me of the lost old folks who do 80kph in a 100kph zone, and continue to do 70kph in a 50, all the while yelling at the lunatics doing the speed limit...

Well, now I'm glad the gd-77 was discontinued.

F1RMB

Re: Using dev environment to expand CTCSS/DCS tone list.

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:41 pm

Vertzz wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:59 pm
blah blah blah
Well, now I'm glad the gd-77 was discontinued.
Great, use manufacturer's firmware and stop polluting the bandwidth.

Thread locked.