belt case for gd77

Shuttrr

belt case for gd77

Post by Shuttrr » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:14 am

Day,

Which of you uses a case/leather case for your gd77. Are there any cases for the gd77 at all. I can't find them in the Netherlands.

If you want to post a picture / internet address I will be very happy.

thank you in advance

Bas

OE1MWW

Re: belt case for gd77

Post by OE1MWW » Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:10 pm

Depends how you want to store or carry your GD77
Transport without antenna, hang around your shoulder ready to work with - big difference.

I do not speak your language, but on Amazon.nl with search of 'tas voor radio' you may find several options.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

W1MUZ

Post by W1MUZ » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:13 pm

Specter Gear makes radio pouches (belt-mounted or MOLLE) for a number of different radios. While the GD-77 isn't specifically listed on the product descriptions at https://www.spectergear.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=238, you can probably feel confident that the one listed for the MD-UV-380/MD-UV390/RT3S will work for it.

I got a Specter Gear MOLLE radio pouch for my Yaesu FT-5DR, and it's a nice piece of kit. I can use it on MOLLE, on a belt, and I put a couple D-rings on the MOLLE straps, so I can use a strap to carry the whole thing (think firefighter's radio strap/pouch). Works well, and versatile!

OE1MWW

Post by OE1MWW » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:17 pm

W1MUZ wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:13 pm
Specter Gear ... https://www.spectergear.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=238,
Daniel, thanks for the interresting hint, but 'Shuttrr' is in the Netherlands. Placing an order in the US will cost him
an arm & leg on shipping fees plus customs plus VAT. There is more than just the United States of America :lol:

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:30 pm

I don't have a suggestion for a case, as I've never liked HT cases. They do protect the radio, but make it more annoying to use.

I use a Kenwood SMKW1002 (google for that and you'll find it) which is a very sturdy button that attaches to the radio and a clip for your belt. I have three of the buttons for my three HTs and one belt clip.

I love it, best belt clip system I've ever had. The button isn't in your way holding the radio so it feels thinner and it rotates a bit as you walk or need to sit down etc. For my Anytone 878 it mounted directly with zero modification, for the GD77 I had to modify the belt clip with a file slightly to make the mounting slots fit the slightly more narrow belt clip holes but didn't take long and doesn't affect the belt clips reliability.

Shuttrr

Post by Shuttrr » Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:55 am

Thanks for your posts.

I'm looking for a nice protective case, front transparent (plastic). so you can operate the keys and still kind of water tight outside.

For Anytone you have matching cases. I am looking for something like that.

And yes, im Dutch

af4bh

Post by af4bh » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:58 pm

ve7mdt wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:30 am
Recently I broke the belt clip for my Anytone AT-UV878, and I have been carrying it in my pouch instead (which used to carry my Icom IC-92AD). It is actually better this way, as the previous keypad was mostly rubbed off the printing until I got a new front case w/ keypad (because of a broken LCD). For radios that do not have very loud speaker audio, the pouch might muffle the speaker audio a little. Also depending on the design of the pouch, some might block your side jacks for accessories while the radio was inserted into the pouch. So do your homework if you were to buy just 1 pouch and for only 1 radio. (I have many radios and pouches so I can easily find a matching one).

I can't see the label on the back of the pouch to tell you the brand as the printing is worn off. It's made of tough nylon, similar to public safety grade pouches. Some of my other ones are made of neuphrene (sp?) or other materials.

You can search on eBay or Aliexpress for cheap ones from China. I have one that was popular for small radios, which might be a little too small and short for the GD-77, but it is less than $10 USD online.

BTW, the one I am using uses velcro to secure on the belt side (and also the radio flap). Some of mine use a stainless steel clip that can easly scratch and ruin leather belts, which I had done to mine years ago, not knowing better long run, as it has rather sharp edges on the clip that brushes on the belt. Prob ok on tough nylon tactical belts but not on other delicate belts.

Sizing is the toughest part. I have many cases or pouches I bought for cheap for older commercial radios, but I can't use them all, as radio sizes and shapes are all over the place. So make sure you find one that says it fits a certain model, that is closest to the GD-77.

Good luck.
VE7MDT,

Howdy from the Bluegrass State of Kentucky! I don't know if you still remember me during the Echolink days and the defunct Cantonese network. But I am now re-emerging back into ham radio after about 18 years of hiatus. I thought I was going to send you a PM instead, but the system forbids me from doing that. Perhaps it's because I am a new registered user? Anyway, I am getting my feet wet into DMR. I am a bit late to this but it's not never! LOL! Hope you are doing well on the west side of the world! Say hello to all the friends! Chat with you later!

de AF4BH
the other David

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:11 pm

ve7mdt wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:21 am
update: the above button doesn't work with my high capacity Anytone 878 battery, b/c the area around the screws are not flat and there is a gap (prob can use longer screws w/ some spacers, but too much work). My standard capacity battery is in bad condition so I am not using it anymore (ironically I ordered it separately as the high cap was the one bundled w/ the radio).
Huh, odd. Mine fits, it's not absolutely flush but I think it'd be fine. Maybe ours is different? Model QB-44HL. That said, I only use the slim battery anyway, QB-44L.

https://i.imgur.com/vBh6SmR.jpg

af4bh

Post by af4bh » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:10 pm

ve7mdt wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:25 am
P.S. I sometimes monitor BC2 TG on DMR when I am out and about.
This is great! I'll try to give you a shout when I figure out what to do with this little rig. LOL! All these contacts, zones, groups, and channels stuff. I thought I knew relational database. DMR is a bit confusing to me. Perhaps I am getting old. Just please keep an ear out for me the next few days!

de AF4BH