Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:32 pm

Source code is available for anyone who wants to change the functionality

See the FAQ

VK3KYY

Re: "Sticky" Dual Watch mode

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:07 pm

KenFromNN wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 pm
Yes, I have already downloaded source code archive and even examined several routines related to Dual Watch mode.

Unfortunately I developed with C/C++ many-many-many years ago, almost twenty in fact :?
And never - for anything like portable radio.
Being Java/Oracle developer now, it looks a bit difficult :D

Maybe I'll try anyway. Hope I'll not brick my Bao 1801 :lol:
Virtually impossible to brick these radios, especially if you've backed up the Flash EEPROM and the MCU ROM
The top of the MCU ROM holds some a unique key used by the bootloader to determine whether it is allowed to reload the firmware

The firmware does not contain any functionality to write to the MCU ROM, hence the firmware can't damage the bootloader

Even if you did totally trash the MCU ROM somehow, I posted cracked versions of the bootloaders, which can be flashed using a $10 programmer dongle, by attaching 4 wires inside the radio.

The code on the VFO Screen is now quite convoluted, as there are 4 main operating modes, i.e normal, freq scan, sweep scan and dual watch.
Probably the code needs to be completely refactored, but thats many hours of work for no visible gain to any of the users.

VK3KYY

Re: "Sticky" Dual Watch mode

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:32 pm

KenFromNN wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:30 pm
OK, I installed MCUXpresso IDE, installed SDK SDK_2.x_MK22FN512xxx12 and it seems that firmware was compiled successfully.
Did not try to flash my radio with it yet 8-)

Roger, should I bother searching for manuals/tutorials about debugging in MCUxpresso, or it is not possible for my environment?
Probably it is necessary to have some specific hardware?
I don't know, never had a chance to develop&debug anything like that :roll:
J-link Edu is probably the cheapest in circuit debugger

BTW.
You would need to backup the MCU ROM using the CPS, then flash the backup back into the MCU to unlock the read protection

Don't use the External debugger build, as it no longer fits in the ROM. Just use the normal GD77 build target