Codeplug for all NEDECN New England Repeaters

Post your OpenGD77 codeplugs here
VK3KYY

Re: Codeplug for all NEDECN New England Repeaters

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:04 am

KM5GN wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:51 am
It's a learning process. I understand Talkgroup lists now, and I just realized I was on the wrong timeslot for the TG desired. I was so hopeful that would solve it,but it's something else. I'm starting to wonder whether there's something wrong with this radio. I have never heard a sound out of the DMR side of it, in spite of apparent traffic indicated by the receive light,.The FM side works. Also looks like I'm bringing up the repeater as it displays my name and call after I key. I'll check netwatch tomorrow.

Thanks,
Try turning off the TS and CC filtering.

This should not normally be necessary, and turning off the CC filtering causes problems in normal use.
Disabling the CC filering, forces the radio to effectively scan all the CC's until it get a match, but that can take over 1 second, as there are 16 CC's and each takes at least 60ms to scan, (often 120+ms) - so its definitely not something you want to leave turned off

But if your codeplug has incorrect TS and CC settings, it won't work receive anything, but the green LED will come on to indicate there is some sort of signal.
Hence disabling those filters may do something.

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 am

I tried turning off the filtering and hear nothing different. I did transmit while watching NetWatch and I'm not showing up there. The odd thing to me (again, an old timer trying to get this digital stuff), is that I do get my call sign sent back to the radio. Must be the repeater as it's sending my name as it's on file at the FCC and not the name I normally use, so I'm sure the name isn't in the radio.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:31 am

KM5GN wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:39 am
I tried turning off the filtering and hear nothing different. I did transmit while watching NetWatch and I'm not showing up there. The odd thing to me (again, an old timer trying to get this digital stuff), is that I do get my call sign sent back to the radio. Must be the repeater as it's sending my name as it's on file at the FCC and not the name I normally use, so I'm sure the name isn't in the radio.
What network are you on DMR MARC or Brandmeister, and did you load a DMR ID database

Brandmeister sends your callsign and any information in your Brandmeister account APRS data that you entered yourself, as part of the DMR transmission.

DMR MARC doesn't have any of those advanced features and you have to load a DMR ID database into the radio to see callsigns and names.

If its displaying your name, then its decoding the DMR signal.

But I've no idea why you are getting no audio. Possibly a hardware fault in the radio

KM5GN

Post by KM5GN » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:18 pm

I did download the call sign database from Radio.ID. That explains why I'm seeing it after I try to key a repeater.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:49 pm

You see your own call sign, because there is a small delay between you transmitting your signal and the repeater rebroadcasting it.

If you only ever see your own call sign, then whatever other signals at on your local repeater can't be decoded by the radio.

E.g A lot of repeaters are multi mode and also carry DStar and YSF ect traffic

You need to contact some other local hams or the repeater admin to find out about that repeater

K1XVM

Post by K1XVM » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm

I haven't seen any traffic on Netwatch for that repeater in Walpole, makes me wonder if it's actually online. I've run into that a few times where the repeater is inactive, moved, etc.

Southborough and Bourne MA appear to be active, among a bunch of others that are definitely out of reach. Norwalk and Bridgeport CT is definitely too far.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:32 pm

K1XVM wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:16 pm
I haven't seen any traffic on Netwatch for that repeater in Walpole, makes me wonder if it's actually online. I've run into that a few times where the repeater is inactive, moved, etc.
Yep.

This happens a lot around here.

The network admins change the password, and any repeaters without any remote administration system , get unlinked from the network until someone can visit the site and update the passwords.

Or something happens with the Internet connection at the repeater with the router etc, and again it takes weeks or months before things get fixed

KC1PRT

Post by KC1PRT » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:24 pm

The link for this codeplug doesn't appear to function.
Is this codeplug still available to download?

KF4TPY

Post by KF4TPY » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:34 pm

I sent an email, but in case the OP still uses this site; I would very much like a working link to the file.

73!

K1ST

Post by K1ST » Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:25 pm

Google Drive tightened up security so the link no longer works. Send me an email to my QRZ listed email address and I will send you the latest codeplug for NEDECN for New England. If someone could post the codeplug on this site I'll send it to them for posting. Codeplug is too large to attach to this message.

Steve, K1ST