[From May 29th] New ongoing "Development" version has been created

kt4lh

Re: Is there any intention to continue this wonderful project?

Post by kt4lh » Sat May 29, 2021 8:51 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:09 pm
Hi,
kt4lh wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 pm
Amazing work to do so much refactoring, rewriting, and re-organizing in such a short period of time. Thank you everyone who has worked to keep this project alive. I'm sad I can't flash from Linux anymore but 100% understand why the new approach was needed; no more distribution of the official FW within OpenGD77. Perhaps though someone will update the Linux flash routines, I suppose there's no real reason that couldn't be done.

Again, one can't express enough thanks for continuing this project.
Thanks. I don't understand why you can't flash from Linux, as I'm doing it daily.
Can you tell me more about this ?

EDIT: maybe you missed the standalone firmware loaders here

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Oh, the Linux scripts already support the new split OpenGD77/Firmware bins strategy? Very nice, no I had not looked yet, thank you for correcting me!

N1KY

Post by N1KY » Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 6:17 pm
Eco mode is disabled when the hotspot is running.
Thanks. I was almost certain that was the case but I wanted to make sure. It's good to know that I don't have to remember to turn it off after using the hotspot radio as a normal radio.

ZL2FL

Post by ZL2FL » Sat May 29, 2021 9:23 pm

All I can say is you guys are AWESOME!!!

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 29, 2021 9:27 pm

W1AEX wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 2:35 pm
Roger,

Both of my GD77 radios are updated and running fine. I love Daniel's "scan on boot" feature! I'm planning to play with the added DMR-ID features after another cup of coffee this morning.

Thank you to all involved with the restructuring of this amazing project.

73, Rob W1AEX

[Edit] DMR-ID programming with the new CPS works very well. With the new compression and the option to use the voice prompt memory space the DMR ID parameters allow for 90494 contacts with 6 characters displayed. Note that RadioID.net does not have the option to set time limits to exclude IDs that have been inactive. For US operators the settings below will allow 88813 contacts (the current US database according to RadioID.net) to be loaded. Using the TA/Ct/DB sequence in the Display Options seems to catch everyone (including my non-US friends) nicely where Talker Alias is allowed to pass through.

11 no time limit (loads 110xxx through 115xxx assignments)
31 no time limit (loads 310xxx through 318xxx assignments)
The feature to limit the number of DMR IDs based on date used to come from ham-digital.org, but AFIK that service was shut down when they stopped being the registrar for some parts of the world.

It would be good if we could get that data from somewhere but I don't know anywhere which now offers it

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 29, 2021 9:34 pm

BTW.

I forgot to thank Daniel for the immense amount of work he has done to rewrite thousands of lines of the code.

I would also like to thank Kai DG4KLU for his work on suggesting a new license , and for the cooperation for the major contributors the change in the license.

W1RHS

Post by W1RHS » Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 pm

You guys are awesome. I just flashed three GD-77 radios with the new process. Simple, elegant and seamless. It is totally amazing that you have been able to accomplish this in such a short period of time. Thanks to everyone so much. Your work is appreciated.

KC0RNP

Post by KC0RNP » Sat May 29, 2021 10:06 pm

Is hotspot not working on the new FW? I can’t seam to get it to work.

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sat May 29, 2021 10:16 pm

Hi guys.
Terrific news, you are really great!
I immediately updated my GD-77, everything was very simple thanks to the clear and detailed instructions.
Of course no problem, everything worked like a charm.
Several new very interesting features.
Many, many thanks Roger, Daniel F1RMB, Alex DL4LEX Colin G4EML and all the people involved in the GD-77 OpenFirmware project!

73 best regards the Fabio IZ2EIB

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 29, 2021 10:19 pm

KC0RNP wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:06 pm
Is hotspot not working on the new FW? I can’t seam to get it to work.
It should be working.

Did you enable it in the Options?

BTW.

Although Daniel fixed one bug in Hotspot mode... I had to rewrite all the low level code, so there could be new bugs.. But it has been tested a lot and no one saw any problems

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat May 29, 2021 10:20 pm

W1RHS wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:55 pm
You guys are awesome. I just flashed three GD-77 radios with the new process. Simple, elegant and seamless. It is totally amazing that you have been able to accomplish this in such a short period of time. Thanks to everyone so much. Your work is appreciated.
(LOL) 2 months solid work by 2 people ;-)