New ongoing "Development" version has been created

W1CY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by W1CY » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 pm

Roger,

Thanks for your work and also thanks to the entire development team. This project was amazing and it really changed an entry level radio to the ideal radio for amateur radio use. I have MANY other DMR radios, including the BTECH 6X2 (Anytone 878), and my preferred HT is the GD-77, thanks to the magic you worked on the firmware.

It is a pity this project has to end, but it is what it is. Please, just let me know whether there is anything I can do. I know I am not alone with this statement. You and the dev team have thousands of hams around the planet on your side.

Again, thanks for dedicating your personal time to this project.

73 de W1CY (Eduardo).

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:11 pm

W1CY wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:58 pm
Roger,

Thanks for your work and also thanks to the entire development team. This project was amazing and it really changed an entry level radio to the ideal radio for amateur radio use. I have MANY other DMR radios, including the BTECH 6X2 (Anytone 878), and my preferred HT is the GD-77, thanks to the magic you worked on the firmware.

It is a pity this project has to end, but it is what it is. Please, just let me know whether there is anything I can do. I know I am not alone with this statement. You and the dev team have thousands of hams around the planet on your side.

Again, thanks for dedicating your personal time to this project.

73 de W1CY (Eduardo).
Thanks Eduardo

I agree its a shame it has come to this, but becasue neither Kai or I are lawyers, we made a mistake with the software license which has eventually killed the project.

We are all just individuals and can't take the risk of legal action against us.
This is not just financially a problem, but its a big burden on my mental and physical health, having the worry of the license.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:53 am

Guys

As it is not possible to publically release firmware form the github repository, I have removed all the source code etc

However so that the User Guide and other documents and tools are still available in their original location, so that existing hyperlinks should still work.

I've also updated the readme file and attempted to include credit for everyone who made a major positive contribution to the project.
I applogise if I have omitted anyone who feels they deserve a credit, but it was not possible to credit everyone individually as it would take me many hours to compile the list.

F4IKZ

Post by F4IKZ » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 pm

Sorry to hear the project stopped.
I had already have the case with Open source project under GPL 2. I changed it for BSD Licenses.It's enable share mix of closed (Binary or Library Proprietary SDK in my case) and opensource (my software).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BSD_licenses

Maybe also a way to ask an agreement to use part of binary from Radioddity. I guess thanks to the OpenGD77 project, they sold a lot of devices to the HAM community.

With hope you find a Solution !

Kinds regards Roger, and thanks again for the wonderfull works you and your team share to us.

IW6CNM

Post by IW6CNM » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:24 pm

Hi guys
First of all i would like to thank you for this beatifull trip , all Open GD77 guys team ..
really really thank.
I followed constantly this project , updating day by day my DG77 and DM1801 , see it growing and growing as simple viewer ,
all you guys trasformed a unusable radio device into an HAM radio with HAM radio spirit !
It was a beatifull dream , so thanks once again for this ,it will remain forever in our thoughts and stories ..do you remember when Roger and.. did.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And for the final a question , where i can find the last stable version ?

thanks guys
iw6cnm dAVIDE

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:18 pm

IW6CNM wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:24 pm
And for the final a question , where i can find the last stable version ?

thanks guys
iw6cnm dAVIDE
The last beta was as stable as the last release I marked as "stable"

The development process, is that when I create a new version, I can't be 100% certain how stable it is.
Sometimes even when a small change is made, it effects some other part of the firmware, which we don't notice

So all releases are initially Beta

After some time if no one reports any bugs, the Beta is changed to Stable, and because the last Beta has not major bugs, it can be considered to be stable

2W0JMK

Post by 2W0JMK » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Well it looks like I missed the party on the last update. I do have version April 3 2021 on my GD77.
Mark 2w0jmk

W1CY

Post by W1CY » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:08 pm

That is/was the latest version...

4O6DTM

Post by 4O6DTM » Sat May 01, 2021 11:48 pm

If anyone needs the last builds (I also have NA7Q's), CPS or guide, send me a PM with your e-mail and what you need.

Big TNX to developers. Hate to see such a great project finished.

popkor

Post by popkor » Sun May 02, 2021 12:00 pm

Hello! Please send me the latest Opengd77 firmware . Regards popkor. popkor@op.pl