New ongoing "Development" version has been created

VK3KYY

Re: New ongoing "Development" version has been created

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:40 am

vk7js wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:31 am
Ah, you have to hit shift plus spacebar, not shift+enter. Shift+enter doesn't work.
Thanks
Joe
ps are you considering a different licensing model going forward? Or is that it? I hope you will consider a different license, I for one would be happy to sign a non-disclosure or other agreement to use and or modify the firmware.
OK. I didn't think about the keyboard equivalent, but it sounds like you managed to get it to work.

Re: License

I've not decided what to do next.
I hate all this legal stuff, it takes all the fun out of things.

BTW.

I will fix the Dual Watch etc voice prompts, I have already been working on increasing the total amount of memory for voice prompts from 128 to 164k and also increased the maximum number of prompts from 256 to 300.

But having to also deal with these licensing / firmware distribution problems is soaking up a lot of my time and makes me wonder why I bother.

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:43 am

Actually, even shift+space seems temprimental. I just tried it again to get a different version of the sgl for a different radio type and couldn't get it to come up with shift+space or shift+enter. Something is flaky about how that dialog works when using only the keyboard.
Last edited by vk7js on Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:48 am

Yes, when I started in software 30 years ago, I got to innovate and invent new stuff. Nowadays I'm bogged down with documentation and red-tape. It kills any joy of innovation, when I even get the time for it.
You've done an incredible job. We all appreciate it. I only wish I could contribute to the work more.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:49 am

Where the shift-space and shift-enter come from ?
Roger told Shift + Click.

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:03 am

Hi Daniel,

Screen reader users can't easily do shift and click as they do not use a mouse and when they use the keyboard to simulate a mouse it doesn't work the same.
Joe

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:27 am

Hi Joseph,

Okay. Such device don't send synthetic mouse events ?

---
Daniel

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:29 am

BTW, the Shift + Enter on the button works.

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:38 am

Sometimes It does and sometimes it doesn't. I've tried multiple times to download versions for the different radios and so far I have only gotten it to work once with shift+space. I suspect it has something to do with where the real physical mouse pointer is located.
Joe

vk7js

Post by vk7js » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:45 am

HI Daniel,

Yes we can send simulated mouse events however one must move the mouse to the correct screen location to do so and sometimes, the way applications render their text, we don't see it in our screen reader's off-screen-model which means we can't click the button. For example, when I try moving the simulated mouse to the focused update and continue button, it is moving the mouse to the wrong screen location and that is I think why it is hit and miss with shift+space, shift+enter or simulated click+left mouse button. My screen reader can't actually see the text of the button and it is apparently obtaining the wrong rectangle from the accessibility infrastructure built into windows. Not your problem, however, if you could ensure shift+space or shift+enter works so long as the button has PC focus, regardless of where the physical mouse pointer is located, it would help. Obviously it won't solve the immediate issue but would be a good change if you continue to make updates to the CPS application.
Thanks
Joe

IW2FHM

Post by IW2FHM » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:48 am

About saving firmware files ( using W7)
maybe it's clearer like this:
1) Select "Firmware loader" on "Extra"
2) select the type of RTX.
3) Keeping pressed
Shift, press Download & Update in the "Firmware Loader" window.
4) Select the version to save
5) Press "Select & continue"
6) Select where to save the file.
Many thank Roger for all !!!
73 and greetings to all
Roberto