Recent versions of firmware will be removed

VK3KYY

Recent versions of firmware will be removed

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:51 am

Because of constant complaints, about the badly drafted software license on the project, I am being forced to remove all recent builds of the firmware from being downloaded.

If anyone would like to download the current, or any version of the firmware before the builds are removed, you can do this using the CPS by Shift Clicking on the "Download and Update" button, the select the version etc as usual, and you will be prompted for a location to save the firmware.

The current builds can also be downloaed directly from the GitHub releases page.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 7/releases

Note. Github does not sort by date, so finding individial releaes is difficult and you are better off using the CPS.

To give people time to download the firmware and back it up for their own private use, I will not remove the files for 48 hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
But neither Kai DGKLU who originally started the firmware development or I, are lawers and we made the mistake of using the same software license as MMDVMHost. However we have since learned that the software license on MMDVMHost is invalid.

g0hww

Re: Recent versions of firmware will be removed

Post by g0hww » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:12 am

I wonder if Bruce Perens, K6BP, might be able to help you figure out a way forward with the licencing.

ki4gst

Post by ki4gst » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:51 am
Because of constant complaints, about the badly drafted software license on the project, I am being forced to remove all recent builds of the firmware from being downloaded.

If anyone would like to download the current, or any version of the firmware before the builds are removed, you can do this using the CPS by Shift Clicking on the "Download and Update" button, the select the version etc as usual, and you will be prompted for a location to save the firmware.

The current builds can also be downloaed directly from the GitHub releases page.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/ ... 7/releases

Note. Github does not sort by date, so finding individial releaes is difficult and you are better off using the CPS.

To give people time to download the firmware and back it up for their own private use, I will not remove the files for 48 hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
But neither Kai DGKLU who originally started the firmware development or I, are lawers and we made the mistake of using the same software license as MMDVMHost. However we have since learned that the software license on MMDVMHost is invalid.
Do you have a direct link to the latest firmware for the GD-77? I can’t use the CPS to download due to I have to run it in a windows VM and the the VM don’t have internet access.

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm

ki4gst wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 am
Do you have a direct link to the latest firmware for the GD-77? I can’t use the CPS to download due to I have to run it in a windows VM and the the VM don’t have internet access.
The github link.

ki4gst

Post by ki4gst » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 pm

kt4lh wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:51 pm
ki4gst wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:20 am
The github link.
Yes please or the last date so I can find it

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:16 pm

ki4gst

Post by ki4gst » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:16 am

Thanks.

ki4gst

Post by ki4gst » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:26 am

:( sad to see the project end this way effort all the bugs were fully ironed out. This was a wonder for us ham with vision disability. Gave us a fully accessible DMR radio that was easy to use and didn’t break the bank to get.

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm

ki4gst wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:26 am
:( sad to see the project end this way effort all the bugs were fully ironed out. This was a wonder for us ham with vision disability. Gave us a fully accessible DMR radio that was easy to use and didn’t break the bank to get.
Ending? It's not ending. I don't think this is healthy for the project but it's not ending unless I've really missed something.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:51 am

kt4lh wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm
Ending? It's not ending. I don't think this is healthy for the project but it's not ending unless I've really missed something.
I am no longer able to distribute the firmware files publically, because various people have chosen to enforce the software license, which was incorrectly drafted in the beginning of the project.

All builds have to be removed, because a requirement of the license is that the source code (all of the source code) for the firmware be available. However this is not possible becuase 30% of the firmware file comes from the official firmware which is closed source.