[Won't work because of limitations in PiStar / MMDVHost] New feature in hotspot mode

F1RMB

Re: [Won't work because of limitations in PiStar / MMDVHost] New feature in hotspot mode

Post by F1RMB » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi Peter,
DB2WH wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm
Hi together,

I found a solution: Now I'm using now a raspberry pie 4B with 4GB Ram and four USB ports. Now the GD-77 is in hotspot mode. The Raspberry Pie
Zero has only micro USB ports, so I used an adapter. I believe the the adapter don't functioned correctly. Now with this Raspberry Pie I can use the GD-77 as modem.

Thanks for help Daniel.

Sincerely
DB2WH - Peter
Okay. Nice you solved it.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

YT5HOK

Re: [Won't work because of limitations in PiStar / MMDVHost] New feature in hotspot mode

Post by YT5HOK » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:11 am

DB2WH wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:22 pm
Hi together,

I found a solution: Now I'm using now a raspberry pie 4B with 4GB Ram and four USB ports. Now the GD-77 is in hotspot mode. The Raspberry Pie
Zero has only micro USB ports, so I used an adapter. I believe the the adapter don't functioned correctly. Now with this Raspberry Pie I can use the GD-77 as modem.

Thanks for help Daniel.

Sincerely
DB2WH - Peter
If I may... Raspberry Pi 4B is a bit overkill for running MMDVM, any kind, including OpenGD77. You may consider buying Raspberry Pi 3A+ for running hotspot (I have few of those doing just that) and put Pi 4B to some better use, like home entertainment center connected to your TV and audio system, etc...

Just my two cents... ;)

Cheers!

DB2WH

Post by DB2WH » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Hello YT5HO,
I agree, but was a very good offer. The MDVM is running very good in comparison with the Raspberry Zero before.

If I'm deciding to do other things with it, I will buy another one with a new SD card.

73 de DB2WH