BlueDV hotspot stuttering or breaking up RX audio

W3KIT

BlueDV hotspot stuttering or breaking up RX audio

Post by W3KIT » Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:17 am

While I know this is probably not the issue with the firmware. However, I am wondering if folks experiencing it and solved the problem.

I am using TYT-MD390UV with BlueDV hotspot enable. Using my old Samsung Galaxy S8 install BlueDV and TCPUART. I can transmit with any problem,TX audio quality is great. But on the RX, the audio was stuttering, breaking up. The audio was bad and hardly understand any QSOs.

The cellphone in use is connected to the QTH wi-fi, not much chance of a poor network connection. Both radios I use are fine. I have used both radios (2 TYT-DM390UV) but instead of BlueDV I tried MMDVM with pi-star installed on my raspberry 3B+, no issue at all. Audio is good both way TX and the RX.

There was no audio in or out to be tweaked within BlueDV app unlike the AMBE version. I am wonder if the radio used for hotspot that connected to the android device have to be setting up properly, like MIC gain or something like that.

Any help or pointer would be appreciated.
73, Kit

bh3emz

Re: BlueDV hotspot stuttering or breaking up RX audio

Post by bh3emz » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:51 am

i have same problem

SA0BUX

Re: BlueDV hotspot stuttering or breaking up RX audio

Post by SA0BUX » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:23 pm

I did some tests on my Android with BlueDV towards Brandmeister some years ago and I used MMDVM on the radio instead of BlueDV

Have you tried that ?