Windows builds of MMDVMHost, DMRGateway, & MMDVMCal

N1KY

Windows builds of MMDVMHost, DMRGateway, & MMDVMCal

Post by N1KY » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:15 am

I have been playing around with a Windows based OpenGD77 hotspot for a few months and it works amazingly well. I am using a 10 year old laptop that I had laying around and it runs MMDVMHost and DMRGateway with no issues. Currently I have DMRGateway connected to both the BrandMeister and TGIF DMR networks and I am able to seamlessly switch between them.

I build my own Windows binaries for MMDVMHost and DMRGateway from G4KLX's GitHub repos. I had previously searched the Internet for them and found only very old versions.

I decided to make my Windows binaries available for download so that others can also play/experiment/learn with them. Please understand that these are provided with no support. I build them directly from the GitHub repos with no modifications to the source code. They work for me and they should work for you. If they do not work for you there is probably nothing that I can do to help.

MMDVMHost version 20200809 git #75652b0
DMRGateway version 20200421 git #1ff647b
MMDVMCal version 20200506 git #441ac34

If you have errors which reference .DLL files please download and install vc_redist.x86.exe from here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

N1KY
Last edited by N1KY on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VK3KYY

Re: Windows builds of MMDVMHost and DMRGateway

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:26 am

I did an OSX build a while ago, but I'm not sure where I put it.

If I find it I'll put it somewhere you can download it

N1KY

Re: Windows builds of MMDVMHost, DMRGateway, & MMDVMCal

Post by N1KY » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:03 pm

There was a request for MMDVMCal for Windows. I have added a download link for it to first post in this thread.

MMDVMCal doesn't support OpenGD77 hotspot mode but someone may have another use for it.

N1KY

RA1OKS

Post by RA1OKS » Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:24 pm

N1KY wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:03 pm
HI !

Dear Sir!
Is it possible to built and post the latest version of
MMVDMHost ?

Best Regards.

M0GLJ

Post by M0GLJ » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 pm

@N1KY

What do I need to install on my PC to compile MMDVMhost myself ??

I have tryied you copy and fell in love with the idea and want to keep up-to-date with the latest version myself

Thanks in Advance
Adrian
M0GLJ

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:23 pm

M0GLJ wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:25 pm
@N1KY

What do I need to install on my PC to compile MMDVMhost myself ??

I have tryied you copy and fell in love with the idea and want to keep up-to-date with the latest version myself

Thanks in Advance
Adrian
M0GLJ
Download the sources from https://github.com/g4klx/MMDVMHost

And compile using Visual Studio (Community Edition) https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/vs/community/

M0GLJ

Post by M0GLJ » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 pm

Thanks VK3KYY

I have had a go at compiling MMDVMHost after installing but haven't been successful. Could you please let me know what I should be doing to compile MMDVMHost please? I don't have any experience with this software and don't really know what I should be doing.

Thanks in Advance
Adrian
M0GLJ

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:38 am

M0GLJ wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:48 pm
Thanks VK3KYY

I have had a go at compiling MMDVMHost after installing but haven't been successful. Could you please let me know what I should be doing to compile MMDVMHost please? I don't have any experience with this software and don't really know what I should be doing.

Thanks in Advance
Adrian
M0GLJ
Not sure what you mean

Visual Studio normally compiles to a /bin folder and the MMDVMHost should be in there.

It also needs a .ini configuation file which is in the files on github

You need to manally edit the file to suit your on persona configuation e.g. Server and login details to BM or DMR MARC, com port number to the 'modem' etc

There is no fancy installer or GUI

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:23 pm

N1KY wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:15 am
I have been playing around with a Windows based OpenGD77 hotspot for a few months and it works amazingly well. I am using a 10 year old laptop that I had laying around and it runs MMDVMHost and DMRGateway with no issues. Currently I have DMRGateway connected to both the BrandMeister and TGIF DMR networks and I am able to seamlessly switch between them.

I build my own Windows binaries for MMDVMHost and DMRGateway from G4KLX's GitHub repos. I had previously searched the Internet for them and found only very old versions.

I decided to make my Windows binaries available for download so that others can also play/experiment/learn with them. Please understand that these are provided with no support. I build them directly from the GitHub repos with no modifications to the source code. They work for me and they should work for you. If they do not work for you there is probably nothing that I can do to help.

MMDVMHost version 20200809 git #75652b0
DMRGateway version 20200421 git #1ff647b
MMDVMCal version 20200506 git #441ac34

If you have errors which reference .DLL files please download and install vc_redist.x86.exe from here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

N1KY

Do you have some hints for compiling the newest source on windows.
It needs sample.h from libsample and it also complained about missing unistd.h when I tried in visual studio today.

I downloaded libsample and was able to compile it but I don't know enough on visual studio to get it to see the include file.