GD77 Listening two groups

sp3ocg

GD77 Listening two groups

Post by sp3ocg » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 pm

I'm biginner in DMR and have problem I try to describe. I use GD77 as hotspot with pi-star and AnyTone 878 as radio talking to that hotspot. I'm living in Poland so mostly I listen group 260 but I'm also talking on different groups. Even if I switch my Anytone do different group my GD77 shows that group on the screen (for example TG6) but still GD77 transmits group 260 and also group I switched to. Is it any way GD77 to transmit only group I'm interesting in. It's irritating to listen group I do not like to listen and also when transmition on 260 is going I can't talk to the group I would like to talk. I hope description of my problem is not so complicated. If somebody can help me I'll appreciate.

F1RMB

Re: GD77 Listening two groups

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi,
sp3ocg wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:04 pm
I'm biginner in DMR and have problem I try to describe. I use GD77 as hotspot with pi-star and AnyTone 878 as radio talking to that hotspot. I'm living in Poland so mostly I listen group 260 but I'm also talking on different groups. Even if I switch my Anytone do different group my GD77 shows that group on the screen (for example TG6) but still GD77 transmits group 260 and also group I switched to. Is it any way GD77 to transmit only group I'm interesting in. It's irritating to listen group I do not like to listen and also when transmition on 260 is going I can't talk to the group I would like to talk. I hope description of my problem is not so complicated. If somebody can help me I'll appreciate.
The GD-77 as hotspot has no control on the PC/TG your Anytone is transmitting to, it just transmit to MMDVMHost what it receives.

What you see on the GD-77 screen is what your Anytone is transmitting. So, on your Anytone, you have to select the correct Channel (like the one set for TG-260, TS2, and correct colorcode) before transmitting.

EDIT: at the end of the USB cable, it's up to MMDVMHost//DMRGateway configurations, which you can tweak using the Pi-Star web interface.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

m1dyp

Post by m1dyp » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:43 pm

send 4000 to disconnect, then connect to the group you want

DU2XXR

Post by DU2XXR » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:58 am

You can monitor two talkgroups at once.

The last TG you transmit to becomes your auto-static talkgroup.
If you have not yet transmitted to 4000 (to disconnect), the 2nd to the last TG becomes the dynamic talkgroup.

BM will route traffic to both auto-static and dynamic talkgroup to your user ID.

There is a hold time, however, so when there is activity for example on your auto-static (the last TG you transmitted to), it will wait a certain number of seconds to monitor both TGs again.

Here is a better discussion: https://amateurradionotes.com/auto-static.htm

sp3ocg

Post by sp3ocg » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:57 am

Thank you very much for your help. It seems to work. Thank you also for the link to the article. Now, my GD77 hotspot will be more functional for me.