Beltclip

Shuttrr

Beltclip

Post by Shuttrr » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:04 am

Hi,

Together with a mate and his lathe, I made a quick release for the walkie-talkie. This way I can quickly click the walkie-talkie out of the holder and talk.

Cheers

VK3KYY

Re: Beltclip

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:56 am

Perhaps it would also be possibe to 3D print it, using ABS with 100% fill.

Shuttrr

Post by Shuttrr » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:30 pm

I think its possible. There are some photo's on the internet where they made there own beltclip.

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:35 pm

Yep, same, I owned a VX-7R and the only good thing about that damned radio was the belt clip. Seriously.

I haven't made this for the GD77 yet, should do that, but this summer I kludged up this for my Anytone 878 and it's worked fabulously: https://imgur.com/a/G9nApqv

That's a PC slot cover with some fancy work done to it, don't be jelly. Seriously though, it's pretty hacky but it works. Did it with just a small vice and hand tools and hit it with the rattle can.

Used these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0814TZN7X

Honestly didn't expect my kludge, nor the clip, to last but wanted to see if I really liked the idea enough to do it better and so far I've had zero issues out of either. It sways when I walk so the HT feels lighter, easy to reach, easy to kind of turn sideways to peep at the screen quick without removing it, easy to remove when I want to, stays in place otherwise.

Just looked at the clip closely after using it for probably 100 miles of walking and it has eaten into the bottom and mostly sides of the button bit, but that is easily replaced and far as I can figure would not be a catastrophic failure if it did eat through enough to break. The screw through it is bolted to the back side of the slot cover.