Accepting the received talkgroup?

KC7RBW

Accepting the received talkgroup?

Post by KC7RBW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 am

Is there a button that sets the received talkgroup as the configured talkgroup so that it's easy to join a conversation? I pressed Green thinking that might do it, but it did nothing. I know I can memorize the number and then type it in, but I thought it could be easier than that.

Thanks!

DU2XXR

Re: Accepting the received talkgroup?

Post by DU2XXR » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:06 am

KC7RBW wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:00 am
Is there a button that sets the received talkgroup as the configured talkgroup so that it's easy to join a conversation? I pressed Green thinking that might do it, but it did nothing. I know I can memorize the number and then type it in, but I thought it could be easier than that.

Thanks!
Hi. Supposed to be the Blue. But lately, I noticed that you need to be currently receiving the signal in order to set the Tx talkgroup to the current Rx talkgroup.

I kind of recall that previously, I could simply press Blue even long after the signal is gone and the radio will set Tx talkgroup to the most recently received TG.

Can anyone confirm if they have the same observation? Or maybe my memory is incorrect.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:25 am

The intention was always that the Blue button would only change to the Rx TG when the signal was being received.

I did not realize that pressing it after the signal had finished used to also continue to change the TG.

DU2XXR

Post by DU2XXR » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:52 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:25 am
The intention was always that the Blue button would only change to the Rx TG when the signal was being received.

I did not realize that pressing it after the signal had finished used to also continue to change the TG.
That used to be the case, but now I believe it works as intended.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:56 am

LOL.

OK. Its probably a change Daniel made when bug fixing the TG display and TA etc etc

KC7RBW

Post by KC7RBW » Thu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm

Thanks everyone!