The requested page could not be found.

N9MIC

The requested page could not be found.

Post by N9MIC » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:22 pm

Why is it when I look for firmware and click on it I get I always get "The requested page could not be found." Thanks

VK3KYY

Re: The requested page could not be found.

Post by VK3KYY » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:44 pm

N9MIC wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:22 pm
Why is it when I look for firmware and click on it I get I always get "The requested page could not be found." Thanks
Which link, which firmware etc etc ? There are hundreds of links on this forum

vk1kcm

Post by vk1kcm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:49 am

It's the TYT MD-9600 etc donor file link at https://www.passion-radio.com/index.php ... chment=760

Safari and Firefox fail with an unsupported SSL cipher error. The web server isn't using a modern set of supported SSL ciphers and either needs upgrading or the permitted SSL cipher set updated.

I was able to access it via Edge, which obviously still supports the obsolete cipher.

Carl,
vk1kcm.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:54 am

vk1kcm wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:49 am
It's the TYT MD-9600 etc donor file link at https://www.passion-radio.com/index.php ... chment=760

Safari and Firefox fail with an unsupported SSL cipher error. The web server isn't using a modern set of supported SSL ciphers and either needs upgrading or the permitted SSL cipher set updated.

I was able to access it via Edge, which obviously still supports the obsolete cipher.

Carl,
vk1kcm.
Its not a Firefox problem, its the Operating System

I can download the file using the latest version of Firefox and also with previous versions of Firefox, and using Chrome or any other browser on my Windows PC.

I've seen this sort of problem before and its caused because the OS does not support the necessary SSL protocol that the server requests to be used.

Just many servers use older SSL protocols, and most versions of Windows support multiple SSL protocols, so its actuallyt unusual that your PC/Mac etc does not support whatever protocol the server requests.

vk1kcm

Post by vk1kcm » Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:47 am

Ok, just checked again, and now I can access it via my Mac on both Safari and Firefox. Interesting. Did something change or is it behind a load balancer or something? Anyway, it's working for me now.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:01 am

vk1kcm wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 6:47 am
Ok, just checked again, and now I can access it via my Mac on both Safari and Firefox. Interesting. Did something change or is it behind a load balancer or something? Anyway, it's working for me now.
No idea.

I we did get reports where people thought it was geo-fenced, but perhaps its just load limiting

Unfortunately for copyright reasons, its I try not to have to store the file on the OpenGD77 server, its just a shame that TYT don't seem to publish this file themeslves on their own server, as it is the latest MD9600 firmware which is shipping in that radio