Where to get repeaters location?

KA1CM

Where to get repeaters location?

Post by KA1CM » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:06 pm

Hi all,

I’m interested in the sort by distance feature. Problem is, I can’t find any repeater location anywhere. Does anyone know where to find Lat,Long locations of repeaters?

Thanks,
KA1CM

KD0RK

Re: Where to get repeaters location?

Post by KD0RK » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:30 pm

RepeaterBook has the information; unfortunately it is currently only in the GPX exported files. It's kind of a pain, but you can walk through the GPX file and move the lat/long over to a Channels.csv file and then import it.

I've sent the RepeaterBook admins a sample CSV with the coordinates and hopefully they'll update the export for OpenGD77.

KA1CM

Post by KA1CM » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:11 pm

KD0RK wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:30 pm
RepeaterBook has the information; unfortunately it is currently only in the GPX exported files. It's kind of a pain, but you can walk through the GPX file and move the lat/long over to a Channels.csv file and then import it.

I've sent the RepeaterBook admins a sample CSV with the coordinates and hopefully they'll update the export for OpenGD77.
Wow!!! Great!!! I will write VBA in Excel to extract the location from the GPX file.

KA1CM

Post by KA1CM » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:33 pm

OK, here is the excel file. This webboard does not allowed uploading excel files, so I have to zip it.
GPX extract.zip
(22.37 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
It is a little fuzzy to use. here are the steps.
1.Download GPX file from Repeaterbook, Make sure you select Label 1 as Frequency and Label 2 as None.
rpt.png
rpt.png (26.81 KiB) Viewed 1748 times
2.open notepad.
3.drag the gpx file you have downloaded in to notepad window.
4.Ctrl-A / Ctrl-C / Ctrl-N / Ctrl-V / Ctrl-S and save the file where you can find it. (This step is necessary, because the End of File [EOF] mark on the GPX file generated by repeaterbook is unrecognizable by the excel. Doing this step create a new file with the same content.)
5.Unzip and open the GPX extract.xlsm
6.Click on the "Extract" button on the right and select the file you have just saved in step 4.
7.Yahoo!!!!!

Hope this help.
KA1CM