Channel Scan Nuisance Marking behaviour clarification

ZL4JOCO

Channel Scan Nuisance Marking behaviour clarification

Post by ZL4JOCO » Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:31 pm

Hello - in using channel scan on the MD9600 I am seeking clarification on the expected behaviour of the nusance marking feature.

The documentation states:
Press the Right arrow to mark the channel as a nuisance channel which will be removed from the current scan. Press the Star key on a MD-UV380 | RT-3S, or the one on the microphone for a MD-9600 | RT-90.
When I hit a false stop on a scan I push the Star key on the mic per documentation and the scan stops on that channel. If I restart the scan it will eventially retrigger on the same channel as a false stop. Intuitively I would have expected that when I press the Star key the scan would resume and the channel I pushed the Star key on would be excluded from the current scan.

Could someone kind person please clarify how this is supposed to work in case I am missing a step in the process.

Thanks - James.

VK3KYY

Re: Channel Scan Nuisance Marking behaviour clarification

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:08 pm

I can't remember if the bug fix for this was in the last release, but I think it may have been

You need to press the Up arrow on the or the * key depending on whether you want to mark as nuisance or simply restart the scan

Possibly the documentation is wrong or out of date at the moment, or even the bug fix for this didnt get released yet.
At the moment with the changes to APRS and Satellite functionaliy plus a load of other internal changes , things are in quite a state of flux

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:56 am

As stated in the documentation:
On the VFO and Channel screens, the Up and Down arrow map to the Right and Left button functionality on the handheld radios. e.g. On FM, increase and descrease squelch. In menu screens, the Up and Down buttons move up or down within the menu's.
Hence, while scanning, short press on front panel Up arrow adds the paused channel to the nuisance list.
About the mic side, the manual has to be updated, as B is the Right key, so it's the nuisance key, not the Star anymore.

I just re-tested, and it works as expected.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

ZL4JOCO

Post by ZL4JOCO » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:37 pm

@Daniel - thank you for updates to the documentation. Behaviour is aligned now and as you noted it's not "*" but short press on Up Arrow (or equivalent on mic) for the MD9600 to mark a channel in channel scan as "nusance"

Cheers - J.