Manual location entry for DMR Aprs

MW0KJN

Manual location entry for DMR Aprs

Post by MW0KJN » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:33 am

Checking the online manual, with regards the location screen :

This displays and allows the entry of the location in Latitude / Longitude

This screen is currently only used for the Satellite functionality. But may be used in the future to send APRS data.

Are there any plans to allow this location to send the APRS data? That would be a great function for those that want APRS data sent but are indoors, especially as the GPS receiver in some of these radios can be a little weak.

Cheers!

Kev

VK3KYY

Re: Manual location entry for DMR Aprs

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:48 am

MW0KJN wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:33 am
Checking the online manual, with regards the location screen :

This displays and allows the entry of the location in Latitude / Longitude

This screen is currently only used for the Satellite functionality. But may be used in the future to send APRS data.

Are there any plans to allow this location to send the APRS data? That would be a great function for those that want APRS data sent but are indoors, especially as the GPS receiver in some of these radios can be a little weak.

Cheers!

Kev
The firmware alrwady supports In-Call APRS data , but the User Guide has not been updated yet to show this

Its unlikely APRS will every be sent by SMS as SMS support seems to be virtually impossible to write

MW0KJN

Re: Manual location entry for DMR Aprs

Post by MW0KJN » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:14 am

Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking more, just being able to manually set the GPS Co-ordinates (my FT2D for example, has the option to Manually P-Write (position write) you co-ordinates for APRS, enabling it to be used indoors.

Im not sure what In-Call APRS data is, not heard of that term, however I do see it in BM Selfcare (mine is OFF, In Call GPS?).

Kev