Custom tx, rx tones

S58SMS

Re: Custom tx, rx tones

Post by S58SMS » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:53 pm

Hello,

i need help. Which program do i need to modify the source code and how can i make - when modified - a single file to upload it into the station. Is there any tutorial on YOUTUBE or manual description?

OE1MWW

Post by OE1MWW » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:57 pm

S58SMS wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:53 pm
Hello,

i need help. Which program do i need to modify the source code and how can i make - when modified - a single file to upload it into the station. Is there any tutorial on YOUTUBE or manual description?
VK3KYY did answer that question in the previous post.

With all due respect, from your question it is obvious that you have never dealt with how a source code (that is text) in a certain
programming language becomes a binary code for a microprocessor of a certain type. And this takes many hours of time and a lot
of headache to understand.

Source code can be modified with any program called 'editor' - that's the answer for the first part of your question.

Source code (text) is written in a specific programming language. You must understand the syntax and the principles of that
programming language plus all the tools required to work with that language. Your program has to interact with a specific
hardware (microprocessor, peripherals etc.),therefore you need to know and understand how that hardware works and what it needs.
Finally, a 'compiler' program for that programming language allows to 'compile' (convert) the source code into a binary machine code
- and that may be the firmware.

There is no 'manual' for the source and how to compile for OpenGD77 binaries.

As you ask about Youtube, search in Youtube: 'how to write a program' or 'Introduction to RTOS'

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:12 pm

Thank you for your answer. I would just change scan dwell to 1sec + maybe in the future change rx and tx tones... that's all. I have no experiences with this type of programming, as you correctly assumed, so it's a lot of work to do :D

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:08 pm

The toolchain / ide use to build the GD77 type radio is NXP MCU Expresso ID (google for it)

Manuals are not written about software. Developers read the code its self to know how it works and how to modify it

Its not practical to attempt to teach non-developers how to modify the code

All the devs on the project have many many years of programming experience. I have been working with computers from age 15 when I was programming in assembly language, and I work as a professional software developer.