last heard adding visually the TGID

k7mhi

last heard adding visually the TGID

Post by k7mhi » Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:47 pm

when I load up menu, last heard I see a contact, and voice prompts read without any gaps the TGID and TxTime.

can a few things happen as a feature /enhancement.

-the voice prompts need a pause between data values possibly
-it would be nice if the last heard, displayed the ID and the TGID visually with scrolling or alternating data values?
-- bonus nachos if the TGID also referenced the contacts (as well as voice?)

VK3KYY

Re: last heard adding visually the TGID

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 pm

k7mhi wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:47 pm
when I load up menu, last heard I see a contact, and voice prompts read without any gaps the TGID and TxTime.

-it would be nice if the last heard, displayed the ID and the TGID visually with scrolling or alternating data values?
There is already a pause between the audio.

1. If the audio is spoken too quickly for you, load a version of the voice prompts which speaks slower
2. Just becuase you want it to scroll, other people may not want this.

Even very small changes take a huge amount of time and effort, I estimate the time to implement scrolling, including an option to disable scrolling would take about 20 hours, including testing on the 8 radios that firmwae supports and including sending to beta testers etc etc etc

k7mhi

Post by k7mhi » Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:23 pm

ahh.
ok sorry. I will be happy with what I got.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:58 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:15 pm
k7mhi wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:47 pm

There is already a pause between the audio.

1. If the audio is spoken too quickly for you, load a version of the voice prompts which speaks slower
2. Just becuase you want it to scroll, other people may not want this.

Even very small changes take a huge amount of time and effort, I estimate the time to implement scrolling, including an option to disable scrolling would take about 20 hours, including testing on the 8 radios that firmwae supports and including sending to beta testers etc etc etc
Hello,

in general - is there going to be any new featuers or is the project stopped now? Not to push you in any way, but i'm just curious, because it's 2 months and no news, so i hope it's not stopped.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:48 pm

There are currently bugs on the MD9600 and UV380 with settings being lost

I spent 10 hours this month trying to find a solution, hence I did not have any more spare time to investigate new features

I also updated the CPS to add another satellite, and even though this is a simple change, it takes time to test etc, hence several more hours of my time

Several new developers told me they were working on functions like SRF, but I did not hear any more news, so perhaps they were unable to implement such functionality and stopped any other work

k7mhi

Post by k7mhi » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:06 pm

Sounds like the project could be helped by having a repro with ability to have multiple developers? As I understand the gate keeper is here? Or the key master either way..

It seems like things took a turn for the worse here - I went over to opentrx as this seems to be a project of politics or something I missed. I’m sorry.

As this project is advertised for hams and not Motorola centric I don’t understand the reason for keeping the forced opinion of operation from the “open ham nature” as advertised. I can’t use a radio with last heard numbers it’s meaningless to me to keep additional papers around to remember.

You turned me off - thanks for the free beer I went to another garage. This is very cool but also seems rude and self serving. Good luck and thank you again I hope you the best and if there is a donation bin for your thousands of hours of love for a hobby i might offer a tip

But I have went to m17 myself I don’t enjoy this mojo for my ham hobby enjoyment of open hardware or firmware or exploration and experimentation. It’s a dead end. 73

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:47 am

GD77 source code was released ages ago,

See downloads/releases/

Only the RT3S/UV380 and MD9600 is not released becuase it still has problems, e.g. firmware no longer works with the latest RT3S radios and settings backup are failing on both radios, etc etc

Anyone can modify the GD77 version as much as the like, providing they adhere to the license conditions, which relate mainly to non-commercialization of the firmware.

Source code was removed from Github ages ago, for legal reasons.

k7mhi

Post by k7mhi » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:43 am

there are archives of the project on GitHub - not that anyone needs to use that as a repository just its free and handy eh, this project code is there and no lawsuits are going on that I can tell I have seen much worse and more controversial projects on GitHub alone.

Im just a dude with some cheap radios and stumbled across this all and thought "you know what would make this more ham friendly yeet out those Moto-ID CODEs into the contacts I used your nice code plug maker to generate so its all readable and understandable" and I got bit by a very wise and seemingly frustrated OM ham developer and I assume we are all much more alike than different. You all did a splendid job here. I am shocked how well this project is polished off could be a standard OS for radios.

I have no idea who did what outside of some respectful words about the project going haywire at some point the same time the whole world did.

I hope things all get ironed out - I think this project is worthy of articles in ARRL, CQ, The Canada Amature which ever cool auzzy-mag there is.

You seem to have spearheaded a campaign by a team of many talented artists, I dont know how you encourage development per-say I am just a text box today. But your stress and interactions seem to be impacting your love of the hobby, possibly a holiday is in order.. I watch a lot of tick-tocks and see a lot of the similar stress there I face here. Hold on to what is good.
I hope you have a enjoyable fall season and things cool down

I really respect all the work the whole team did - I hope this project exceeds imaginations today.