Code Plug Conversion?

KK4HP

Code Plug Conversion?

Post by KK4HP » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:39 pm

Our local club website http://gars.club/technicalcorner.html has code plugs for Anytone radios. Can anyone assist me with converting one to OpenGD77? I downloaded the Anytone CPS so that I can export the CP as a CVS file and I can import & read & edit it in Numbers but I don't know how to go about formatting/editing it so that once I export the CVS file, It can be loaded into OpenGD77 CPS. I also noticed that the Anytone file was missing a field for repeater time slot. -Charles

VK3KYY

Re: Code Plug Conversion?

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:28 am

KK4HP wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:39 pm
Our local club website http://gars.club/technicalcorner.html has code plugs for Anytone radios. Can anyone assist me with converting one to OpenGD77? I downloaded the Anytone CPS so that I can export the CP as a CVS file and I can import & read & edit it in Numbers but I don't know how to go about formatting/editing it so that once I export the CVS file, It can be loaded into OpenGD77 CPS. I also noticed that the Anytone file was missing a field for repeater time slot. -Charles
If you export the default / demo channels in the OpenGD77CPS i.e

menu Setting -> Channels

Look at the field names, and modify your channels export from the Anytone into the same format of columns

Then on the same screen, you can import your new spreadsheet and if the columns are correct it will import

Note. Do not remove or change the column headings, the CPS reads this text and won't work if you change the headings

KK4HP

Post by KK4HP » Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 am

Is there a legend of some sort that gives a more detailed description of the each column of data for the GD77? I Have an old GD77 code plug which I'm not 100% certain that I setup correctly that I've used for a guide. I'm toggling between a new empty GD77 CP, an old CP that seems to have imported ok into Open GD77 and the Anytone CP. Some columns are obvious, others aren't.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:37 am

KK4HP wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 am
Is there a legend of some sort that gives a more detailed description of the each column of data for the GD77? I Have an old GD77 code plug which I'm not 100% certain that I setup correctly that I've used for a guide. I'm toggling between a new empty GD77 CP, an old CP that seems to have imported ok into Open GD77 and the Anytone CP. Some columns are obvious, others aren't.
All the column headers except the 3 flags columns are pretty self explanatory.

e.g. Name is the channel name
Channel Type is Digital or Analog
Rx Frequency is the Rx frequency
Tx Frequency is the Tx frequency

The flags values are the Scan, Vox , Rx beep etc settings, which the CPS combines into numbers. This is a legacy function from the official CPS, from which the OpenGD77CPS was hacked.

As you won't have flag data from the Anytone radio, use the flag data from one of the demo channels in a blank GD77 codeplug.

In fact, if a column is not in the Anytone data, use the value from a demo channel in a blank codeplug.

KK4HP

Post by KK4HP » Mon Nov 14, 2022 6:36 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:37 am
KK4HP wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 4:15 am
All the column headers except the 3 flags columns are pretty self explanatory.

e.g. Name is the channel name
Channel Type is Digital or Analog
Rx Frequency is the Rx frequency
Tx Frequency is the Tx frequency

The flags values are the Scan, Vox , Rx beep etc settings, which the CPS combines into numbers. This is a legacy function from the official CPS, from which the OpenGD77CPS was hacked.

As you won't have flag data from the Anytone radio, use the flag data from one of the demo channels in a blank GD77 codeplug.

In fact, if a column is not in the Anytone data, use the value from a demo channel in a blank codeplug.
Thats what I've done so far. Ive had my old code plug open, a new blank code plug open, the Anytone code plug open, and one from the shared code plug subform. And I've gone thru and matched & interpreted. Which has lead me to the final question. Is there a description for the various CVS headings? At the moment, the only thing I have left to sort out are the Emergency System Column (values 0, or 1) & Flags 1 (values 0 or 64), Flags 4 (values 129, 130, 131, 135) . Any idea what those values represent? My old code plug had data on some of the entries for those columns.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:49 pm

Emergency system is ignored as the firmware does not support it

Flag values are opengd77 specific apart from VOX. There isn't any documentation about these.
Just export 1 channel from the opengd77cps and use those flag values

KK4HP

Post by KK4HP » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm

I've discovered that Flags 2 corresponds to the Time Slot. All the time slot 2 entries have 64 as the value for Flags 2. Whether that is significant I don't know.

It appears that Flag4 may be related to a scan list or channel grouping.Theres definitely a correlation to how one might organize channels. On second review, it has some correlation to when channels were entered as receive only. It might be a register for when something was changed or entries added, maybe similar to a revision counter.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:37 am

KK4HP wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm
I've discovered that Flags 2 corresponds to the Time Slot. All the time slot 2 entries have 64 as the value for Flags 2. Whether that is significant I don't know.

It appears that Flag4 may be related to a scan list or channel grouping.Theres definitely a correlation to how one might organize channels. On second review, it has some correlation to when channels were entered as receive only. It might be a register for when something was changed or entries added, maybe similar to a revision counter.
Timeslot has its own field. Column G in Excel

KK4HP

Post by KK4HP » Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:10 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:37 am
KK4HP wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:31 pm

Timeslot has its own field. Column G in Excel
Correct. And if you put that column next to the Flags2 and compare, every instance of Timeslot with a value of 2 should have a corresponding value of 64 in flags2. Does it matter? Don’t know. Anyway I successfully got the code plug converted & imported and installed. I just need to tidy up things with Groups. Thank you for the help and the tips!

KK4HP

Post by KK4HP » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:13 am

I'm struggling a little to wrap my head around setting up the code plug for my local DMR repeaters. When I create a channels, do I use the Contact and not the Talk Group List based on the repeater listing? Example below are the static groups listed for the repeater. Do I create a Channel for each of the listed TG using Contact 3100, 3112, 312277 etc.?

444.8375 UHF Repeater (Color Code 1):
TS1 3100 USA Nationwide
TS1 3112 Florida Statewide
TS1 31227 Florida State ARES
TS1 3199 Hurricane Network
TS2 312558 GNV 1
TS2 312571 GNV 2
TS2 312812 GNV 3

Secondly assuming that is correct, in what instance would I use the TG List for a channel?

Regarding the Talk Group Lists, is there any reason to make a separate lists for Brandmeister, MARC, TGIF? Or can I just keep one combined list?