Question Bip - Sound - PTT

ve2ugo

Question Bip - Sound - PTT

Post by ve2ugo » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:28 pm

Is it possible to configure that a sound/beep is heard to identify only when the PTT is engaged and not the other functions?

Let me explain: I don't want when I navigate through the menus or when I change frequencies/channels that a sound appears for all the actions I do.
I occasionally like that a sound is sent when I start the scan function but when I do other repeated manipulations the sound/beep becomes quickly annoying for me and the people around.
I know I can lower the beep gain but it also lowers the whole thing and quickly becomes useless if adjusted too low....
The priority is of course that a sound be emitted for the PTT in order to prevent accidents and to identify that it is activated, but to also have the possibility of choosing or not that the scan is in operation would also be good with the possibility of independently adjust the gain. I would not put the same gain for the PTT as the scan function...
Ideally, of course, everything would be enabled or disabled individually and the gain could be chosen for each option...

Thanks!

VK3KYY

Re: Question Bip - Sound - PTT

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:51 pm

ve2ugo wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:28 pm
Is it possible to configure that a sound/beep is heard to identify only when the PTT is engaged and not the other functions?

Let me explain: I don't want when I navigate through the menus or when I change frequencies/channels that a sound appears for all the actions I do.
I occasionally like that a sound is sent when I start the scan function but when I do other repeated manipulations the sound/beep becomes quickly annoying for me and the people around.
I know I can lower the beep gain but it also lowers the whole thing and quickly becomes useless if adjusted too low....
The priority is of course that a sound be emitted for the PTT in order to prevent accidents and to identify that it is activated, but to also have the possibility of choosing or not that the scan is in operation would also be good with the possibility of independently adjust the gain. I would not put the same gain for the PTT as the scan function...
Ideally, of course, everything would be enabled or disabled individually and the gain could be chosen for each option...

Thanks!
No, it is not possible to enable / disable / control the volume of the beep in different parts of the user interface.

Please explain how there is a problem with unintended PTT operation