Questions

VK3KYY

Re: Questions

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:25 pm

ADV357 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:31 pm
:?: Dear Friends! Finaly I loaded Opengd77 Firmware on TYT MD-UV390! But I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to make two channels listennig at one time and/or to show Twice (A and B) on screen one time?
2. How to make screen on when the channel is active on digital mode?
3. MOST IMPORTANT ! How to make a activity LED on top of the radio color change when your transmition is confirming by the receiving side. (Transmition is hearing and you working with Hotspot or Repiter)

I hope this questions will be useful for all.
Hope for a quick reply,
Best Regards!

R2AIN
adv357@yandex.ru
:?:
1. Channel Dual Watch is not supported. You can make a Zone of 2 channels and use the scan function. The radio only has one receiver , hence can only scan and not truly listen on 2 frequencies at the same time

2. Please explain

3. LED illuminates red when radio is transmitting.
For duplex repeaters the radio handshakes with the repeater and full tx does not occur until handshake is complete
During handshake Tx LED will flash when radio is transmitting to establish handshake

Nomal simplex hotpots do not support handshake, hence the radio transmits immediately

Firmware does not support Admit Criteria. It is the operators responsibility to not transmit at the same time as other stations