Possible extra feature

VK3TIM

Possible extra feature

Post by VK3TIM » Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:58 am

I have some ideas.
-Zone change the radio remembers the last channel used in the zone rather than always defaulting to channel 1 of that Zone.
-Below the Signal meter have the Signal indication1 3 5 7 9 20+ or similar to indicate the meter reading - I am aware of the great RSSI meter in the menu.
Great Work to all involved.

VK3KYY

Re: Possible extra feature

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:52 am

VK3TIM wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:58 am
I have some ideas.
-Zone change the radio remembers the last channel used in the zone rather than always defaulting to channel 1 of that Zone.
-Below the Signal meter have the Signal indication1 3 5 7 9 20+ or similar to indicate the meter reading - I am aware of the great RSSI meter in the menu.
Great Work to all involved.
Changing zone does not set back to channel 1, the channel index is retained when changing zones, unless you change to a zone which has less channels than the channel index in the previous zone, in which case it does return to channel index 1.

There are various Use Cases where people want the channel index to be the same when changing zones, and for blind operators, changing channel index to the last index used in a specific may make the radio harder to use, because they would need to remember which index they were last at in each zone, rather than knowing that it will be the same index in the next zone.

There is no room below the S meter on the channel or VFO screens when the radio is in DMR mode, becuase that part of the screen is used for the Tx TG, and during Rx it displays in the incoming call information

We have tried adding gratule and text to the S meter on the VFO and Channel screen in the past and is very hard to read and does not really give any true information, as the receiver sensitivity varies wildly from radio to radio.