XLX reflectors on DMR (Brandmeister)

KD7MW

XLX reflectors on DMR (Brandmeister)

Post by KD7MW » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:53 am

Does Brandmeister (in the USA) not allow connecting to XLX reflectors anymore? Or am I misunderstanding something about making an XLX connection with OpenGD77? I was able to connect to several XLX reflectors on an Anytone 878 some time ago--I don't remember how long. But I can't seem to make it work on my new GD-77.

I connected to TG 6. Then I hit the # key twice for a private call, entered 68nnn for reflector XLXnnn, then the green key to accept. Then pressed PTT for a couple of seconds. No confirmation of a connection, either with a voice prompt or on my Pi-Star Zumspot dashboard. I tried XLX330 and XLX750, both of which I've used before. Nothing. I have no trouble dialing up group calls to talkgroups not in my code plug, or manually dialing a private call to TG 9990 (the "Parrot").

If someone could tell me what I'm missing, and recommend a good XLX reflector to test, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

UA0LMC

Re: XLX reflectors on DMR (Brandmeister)

Post by UA0LMC » Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:04 am

XLX reflectors is a completely separate system, which has nothing to do with Brandmeister.
Call routing from your radio to XLX or to BM is made in the hotspot, usually by means of DMRgateway - so double-check your hotspot settings first.
You could also play with hotspot firmware versions - i.e. brand-new pi-star 4.1.2 didn't worked with XLX properly when I tested it long time ago, while an old pi-star 3.4.17 worked flawlessly.