DMR protocol

VK3KYY

Re: Public Beta (2021 11 21)

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:48 am

netmate wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:09 am
Howdy.
Is there a problem with the transmitted TS info. If I send on TS1 I send on it will come up on my other unit with TS2 with the TS filter on.

The TS filter seems to work fine with signal sent from other devices. I use 2 dm-1801.

In mmdvm regardless if I send on TS 1 or 2 it is received as TS2 regardless mmdvm settings for slots.
Then using DMR simplex, radio to radio,there is no timeslot indentifier.

So it doesnt matter what TS you transmit or receive on, you will still hear the signal.

Technically there should not really be any indication of TS at all when in using simplex, but if we did this we'd get even more complains and have to explain and ask people to read the DMR specification document.

Unless you are using a duplex hotspot then it also may not matter which TS you are transmitting on, because normal non-duplux hotspots, receive simplex transmissions from the radio, and also transmit a qualsi simiplex signal.

Hotspots generally don't transmit a pulsed DMR signal, the transmittor is left on for the entirity of the transmission but only one of the timeslots is modulated with 4FSK

VK3KYY

Re: DMR protocol

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:53 am

netmate wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:09 am

A zone can have 80 channels right!? Anyways on the last stable version I tried to add a new channel to a zone that had close to or 80 existing channels. The result is that the new channel is not saved and I was dumped on a random channel. Could be nice to have a prompt if the zone is full you cant add new channels to it.
Yes. max 80 channels per zone.

possibly a bug / oversight
number of channels already in the zone needs to be checked before a channel is added.

this report would need to be confirmed