Memory only mode

ac1bc

Memory only mode

Post by ac1bc » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm

I'm loving OpenGD77. The interface is great and it makes an inexpensive radio very capable.

One thing I'd like to see is a memory-only mode, so I could use my supply as loaners at amateur radio volunteer events. That way an accidental tap of the * key doesn't switch the user to the other TS, or hitting VFO/MR doesn't switch out of memory mode completely. Failing that, it would be useful to be able to have the radio start up in "Keypad locked" mode, so PTT works but if they need to change settings, it requires a little more work.

F1RMB

Re: Memory only mode

Post by F1RMB » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:45 pm

Hi,
ac1bc wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm
I'm loving OpenGD77. The interface is great and it makes an inexpensive radio very capable.

One thing I'd like to see is a memory-only mode, so I could use my supply as loaners at amateur radio volunteer events. That way an accidental tap of the * key doesn't switch the user to the other TS, or hitting VFO/MR doesn't switch out of memory mode completely. Failing that, it would be useful to be able to have the radio start up in "Keypad locked" mode, so PTT works but if they need to change settings, it requires a little more work.
Sorry, it won't happen. The firmware is designed for Ham usage, only.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

VK3KYY

Re: Memory only mode

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:55 pm

ac1bc wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm

Suspend mode may be your friend