Linux and Python CPS transfer program

G4EML

Re: Linux and Python CPS transfer program

Post by G4EML » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:09 pm

Also make sure that the cable is fully plugged in. I know that sounds obvious but some radios need a very hard push to fully engage the connectors.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:22 pm

Hi Pete,
pnspotts wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:27 pm
Thank you, Daniel. Very interesting. The cable I'm using came with the GD-77 and has Radioddity on the USB connector housing. Did they include the wrong Radioddity model's cable in the box? The cable works on a spare laptop (Windows 10) I used to set up my code plug and update it as I try to puzzle through this issue with Linux and the Python script. Is there a solution to this? If not, life and building code plugs for my OpenGD77 will go on, just without a Linux solution, at least for now. :)

With best regards,

Pete

P.S. Just saw the edit at the bottom of your most recent post. I'll take a look. Buy a replacement cable from Kenwood if needed? Thanks again!
Okay, so it's the right cable, definitely.
I have few cables here, but one of them has a USB weak connection problem. Maybe you could try to use another USB port on your computer, or try to wiggle the connector a bit until you see the USB device get registered (dmesg --follow).

About Kenwood, it's just about the double jack connector, it's identical, per its shape, of what Kenwood is using for ages on many HTs.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

pnspotts

Post by pnspotts » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:36 pm

Thank you, Daniel. Swapping USB ports did the trick.

W/best regards,

Pete