GD-77 Will Not Transmit to Repeaters

KB9GE

GD-77 Will Not Transmit to Repeaters

Post by KB9GE » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm

Greetings, all.

My GD-77 will not transmit in digital mode on a repeater channel, or any channel in which the TX and Rx frequency are not the same. The red Tx light flashes briefly and the radio transmits shorts bursts with each flash until it times out. Analog FM is ok.

The calibration data at flash memory address 8F000 appears to be ok, as advised in the information on tuning and alignment. (I made no changes to the calibration settings).

I sure would appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks,
Dwayne

DJ0HF

Re: GD-77 Will Not Transmit to Repeaters

Post by DJ0HF » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:47 pm

KB9GE wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:20 pm
Greetings, all.

My GD-77 will not transmit in digital mode on a repeater channel, or any channel in which the TX and Rx frequency are not the same. The red Tx light flashes briefly and the radio transmits shorts bursts with each flash until it times out. Analog FM is ok.

The calibration data at flash memory address 8F000 appears to be ok, as advised in the information on tuning and alignment. (I made no changes to the calibration settings).

I sure would appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks,
Dwayne
Hi Dwayne, If the TX and RX frequecies are not the same then the GD-77 assumes it is a repeater channel and this behaviour normally just means that the repeater isn't hearing you ( or somthing like the colour code is not correct) and so your GD-77 isn't seeing any reply and keeps trying until it times out.
Ian
DJ0HF/G3ULO

KB9GE

Post by KB9GE » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm

Ian,
Thank you for your help and patience with this noob. While the repeater I was trying is only 2km away, I can see now the handshake was not taking place. Perhaps I was in a bad spot, as testing from a different location worked, although my voice from the Parrot TG sounded like it had a high error rate. Much more to learn! OpenGD77 is brilliant.

73,Dwayne

kt4lh

Post by kt4lh » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 pm

I thought I had a mysterious issue with my GD77, it had been working and suddenly only error and red flashes from it. Hotspot was okay, but the local repeater which works even at 50mW inside the house I couldn't reach.

Repeater was offline. ;)