Screen/display text too much to the left?

GadgetguyToronto

Screen/display text too much to the left?

Post by GadgetguyToronto » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:11 pm

Hello all,

I have a brand new GD77 and I immediately installed OpenGD77 (most recent version) on it (did not even try it with the default firmware).

All looks great so far (thank you all for the work on this!) and I have only one question for now. The text on the display is too much to the left.

So if for example the first letter is a capital "L" then the vertical line of the "L" becomes invisible if I look straight at the screen. If I look from the right at an angle, the L is fully visible...

Is this something one can change in the software (shift the LCD image to the right by 1-2 pixels)? Or has my unit a "cosmetic" issue and I should get used to looking at the screen from the right? Maybe I could get a replacement plastic display cover (which has the black frame covering off the side)?

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thank you!
Last edited by GadgetguyToronto on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F1RMB

Re: Screen/display text too much to the left?

Post by F1RMB » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:32 pm

Hi,

The screen is 128 pixels wide, and all of them are used (which permits to have 16 displayed characters using the 8x16 font).
There is no software solution to shift the area left or right.

I don't know if it's possible to realign the LCD panel, mechanically.

I have a DM-1801 where the screen is shifted a bit to the right.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

GadgetguyToronto

Post by GadgetguyToronto » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:39 pm

Thank you Daniel for the prompt reply.

I expected your response - but wanted to make sure. This is not too impressive, I will contact Radioddity to see if they have any suggestions.

I am a bit "anal" about my electronics, and I think over time it would bother me quite a bit that I cannot see the left 1-2 pixels (or that I have to look at an angle).

Lets see what reply I get. Maybe they can send me a screen cover without the black frame (I would be ok with that) ?

Thank you again!

GadgetguyToronto

Post by GadgetguyToronto » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Update: I was advised by the Radioddity CSR that returning to Amazon for a replacement is the best solution. I have returned and now wait for replacement. Not impressive QC but very prompt Customer Service!

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:32 pm

Nice !

Cheers.
---
Daniel