Acces to files I had to remove from Github

VK3KYY

Acces to files I had to remove from Github

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:32 am

As I was potentially in beach of Github terms and conditions in all of the GD-77 related repositories, I have taken the precaution of removing all GD-77 related files from Github. This includes all the old versions of the Radioddity firmware, and quite a lot of other files.

I can probably email people these files if anyone needs specfic files.
I have a legal requirment to provide the OpenGD77 last public release source code for 3 years from the date of release, so I will provide for this to happen.

I will attempt to build a list of all the repositories and what they contained and I will post that list here when I have more time.

Some examples include:

If someone has a problem with their radio because the official firmware screwed up the copy protection bytes in the CPU internal ROM, I have some "mofied" versions of the bootloader, which work even if the MCU Rom has been corrupted. i.e These have the copyright bytes check removed.
I know several people have used these to resue their bricked radios, but I now realise that storing these sorts of files on Github is not permitted.

I also have data sheets marked as confidential, for the AT1846S and C6000 etc, which previously were on Github.

VK3KYY

Re: Acces to files I had to remove from Github

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:04 am

Update

Official firmware files and ROM and EEPROM backups have been added to the downloads

https://www.opengd77.com/downloads/

f6fzo

Post by f6fzo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:03 pm

Bonsoir et merci roger
cela me va très bien pour moi
merci :D

K4ED

Post by K4ED » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:29 pm

So, if one wanted to restore to the Factory, maybe to sell their GD77, one could do so with these files?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:10 am

Sorry guy, I've been advised to remove the copies of the official firmware from my downloads.

The latest firmware is available on Radioddity's site, if anyone wants to go back to the official firmware.