Deletion of inactive accounts

VK3KYY

Deletion of inactive accounts

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Due to problems and the security risk of having multiple unknown users, I will need to delete accounts of users who seem to be non-licensed and who don't reply when I contact them.

Not having a callsign is OK, but I need to confirm whether users who have not supplied a callsign are a real person, not a bot etc.

rgchristy

Re:Deletion of inactive accounts

Post by rgchristy » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 am

Hi Roger,

I do not have a callsign. I am a retired/disabled FF/EMT in the US. At some point, I would like to get my license. What do I need to do to not have my account deleted?
Thanks,
Rich

VK3KYY

Re: Deletion of inactive accounts

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:05 am

rgchristy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 am
Hi Roger,

I do not have a callsign. I am a retired/disabled FF/EMT in the US. At some point, I would like to get my license. What do I need to do to not have my account deleted?
Thanks,
Rich
Hi Rich

You don't need to do anything.

I will only be deleting accounts which have not posted. Or don't respond when I contact that account holder.

I've changed my initial post, to more clearly explain, that the problem is mainly because there quite a lot of users who don't respond when I try to contact to them to ask if they are licensed or not.

Its the failure to respond which is what concerns me, as those accounts may be bots

DU2XXR

Re: Re:Deletion of inactive accounts

Post by DU2XXR » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:57 pm

rgchristy wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 am
Hi Roger,

Thanks,
Rich
Not sure if FCC is already implementing the $35 fee for licenses at this time (recently announced). However, you might want to look into online testing. Many VEs now do their tests via teleconferencing/Zoom. GLAARG even provides it for free to certain groups of individuals. Not sure if retired FF/EMT qualify, but they do it for free for first responders. I'll ask my fellow VEs.