Calibration is not working

ok2zar

Calibration is not working

Post by ok2zar » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Hi guys,

I've tried to setup and use GD-77 as radio and not just like a hotspot but I've found that TX frequency is 270 Hz above set/programmed/displayed frequency. The same situation and value as on DM-5R+ so tried to correct it by adjusting reference value in calibration menu - unfortunately no effect. Doesn't matter what value I wrote to radio (500, 1000 or something between - Original was 991) - output frequency is still the same.

So question is what I do wrong or how to resolve it. I welcome any workaround in case calibration value has no influence to output frequency (e.g. set offset to calculating correct frequency). I tried to find out thread about complex calibration "how to" for DM-5R+ but without luck.

Let me know if is necessary to sacrifice a goat, chicken or something else...will try to buy on Amazon :D

73 de Petr OK2ZAR.

ok2zar

Re: Calibration is not working

Post by ok2zar » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 am

Friend of mine reported me that he is also unable to calibrate power and frequency on his DM1801. When he download any calibration data file from someone else and import the file via calibration menu then it has effect and output power and frequency is changed but when editing values in calibration menu directly then it has no impact to real output power & frequency.