Should green LED and signal meter be active regardless of timeslot?

KB8YKF

Should green LED and signal meter be active regardless of timeslot?

Post by KB8YKF » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am

I'm new to DMR.. Lets say I'm tuned to a repeater on TS2. Should the green RX light and the signal meter be active when nothing is happening on TS2 but there is an active talkgroup on TS1? I'll hear silence on the static talkgroup I have specified on TS2 the radio, yet the LED and signal meter will be active based on whats happening on the other time slot. I can press * key and switch timeslots and immediately hear activity. I have DMR filter OFF, CC Scan OFF, TS Filter ON.

I tried reading about the signal meter here: https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... d#timeslot but didn't see anything DMR specific.

I have a Retevis RT3S.

VK3KYY

Re: Should green LED and signal meter be active regardless of timeslot?

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

KB8YKF wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 am
I'm new to DMR.. Lets say I'm tuned to a repeater on TS2. Should the green RX light and the signal meter be active when nothing is happening on TS2 but there is an active talkgroup on TS1? I'll hear silence on the static talkgroup I have specified on TS2 the radio, yet the LED and signal meter will be active based on whats happening on the other time slot. I can press * key and switch timeslots and immediately hear activity. I have DMR filter OFF, CC Scan OFF, TS Filter ON.

I tried reading about the signal meter here: https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... d#timeslot but didn't see anything DMR specific.

I have a Retevis RT3S.
LED indicates that there is a signal on the current frequency, it does not indicate anything else, i.e it does NOT indicate that the signal DMR when the channel is DMR, or that there is DMR traffic on the timeslot that is currently selected.

This is by design.