Radio won't turn on after using Satellite mode

OK1DTE

Radio won't turn on after using Satellite mode

Post by OK1DTE » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:49 am

When using the satellite function (for listening to traffic on the satellite) and then turning off the radio station, it cannot be turned on (or it works when I hold the button under the PTT while turning it on, the settings change, after restoring the settings from the backup everything works as it should, I just have to set the date and time again ( uncomfortable in the field).Where am I going wrong The error occurs on both the GD77 and the DM-1801. Thank you for your works
73! Daniel

VK3KYY

Re: Radio won't turn on after using Satellite mode

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:06 am

OK1DTE wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:49 am
When using the satellite function (for listening to traffic on the satellite) and then turning off the radio station, it cannot be turned on (or it works when I hold the button under the PTT while turning it on, the settings change, after restoring the settings from the backup everything works as it should, I just have to set the date and time again ( uncomfortable in the field).Where am I going wrong The error occurs on both the GD77 and the DM-1801. Thank you for your works
73! Daniel
Error is not reproducable on my GD77 or DM1801

Sounds like you turned on Safe Power On ,in the options.

OK1DTE

Post by OK1DTE » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:10 am

Thanks, I'll look into it

OK1DTE

Post by OK1DTE » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 am

So thanks for the advice. It was in that safe power on. It turned on for me the moment you turned off the radio in Satellite mode. So just turn it off in the Safe Power settings and everything works as it should, thanks.