[HOWTO] Flash the OpenGD77 firmware (new procedure)
You must use this installation procedure
- Install the latest CPS, available here
- Check installation instruction here
you also have a dedicated button in the CPS's Firmware Loader window
- As described in the installation instructions, download to your computer the Radioditty official firmware (GD-77 Firmware V4.3.6 [Ham Version]).
- Unzip the downloaded zip archive, then copy, somewhere on your hardrive (e.g. "My Documents"), the file GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl, located in "Firmware software V4.3.6\" sub-directory.
- This file has to remain in that location, as it will be re-used the next time you will flash another OpenGD77 firmware file.
- Start the CPS
- In "Extras" menu, click on "Firmware loader" entry.
- Click the "Select Firmware v4.3.6" button.
- A file selection window will pop-up. Go to the location where you saved the GD-77_V4.3.6.sgl file, select it, click the "Open" button.
- The software will check the SGL file validity, a "[+DMR]" text is now displayed in the Firmware Loader window title.
- Turn on your transceiver in bootloader mode (SK1 + SK2 + power on).
- The Green led lit up, the screen remains off (or black).
- Select the correct radio model.
- Now click on the "Select a File & Update" button,
- A file selection window will pop-up, go and select the OpenGD77 firmware you want to flash (a .bin file).
- The flashing procedure will start right after the OpenGD77 firmware file is selected.
Note: The next time you need to flash an OpenGD77 firmware, directly jump to 10.