New Alpha 2024 04 12

CT7ARF

Re: New Alpha 2024 04 12

Post by CT7ARF » Mon May 06, 2024 5:19 pm

And it's working... I'll monitor it for the next couple of days to see if it remains stable.

Merci F1RMB! And all at the OpenGD77 Team!

73 de CT7ARF

G4WKW

Post by G4WKW » Wed May 22, 2024 7:24 pm

I was gifted an old Moonraker HT-500D (a rebadged RT-82) with a broken antenna socket and dodgy on/off volume pot. I took it apart and replaced both with Boafeng parts, so the potentiometer shaft is not as tall as the original and the radio now has a male SMA socket, rather than the original female one.

After replacing the speaker cable with a longer one and re-assembling the radio, I was met with a black screen on switching it on (!). I went ahead and put it in firmware update mode and loaded the latest Alpha 2024 04 12 onto it and found some info on trying to get the display working. I took it apart again, took out the display ribbon cable and cleaned it with Isopropyl Alcohol (using a pipe cleaner). After this, I do have a very dim display, which I can just read using a bright light shining on it.

I have set these Display Options:
- Brightness 100%
- Night Bright 100%
- Min Bright 90%

Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to try and get the display working properly again (it seems like a backlight issue)?

I have successfully used the radio with BlueDV for Windows (Version 1.0.0.9632) running on a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have the radio running in VFO DMR mode on 70cm and connected to it from my Retrevis RT3S running OpenGD77. I have configured BlueDV for FreeDMR and been trying different talkgroups, but will also try using TGIF with it too.

I also loaded Voice Prompts to the radio, namely "english_AU_nicole-1.5_UV380-like.vpr". The operation with this file seems very flaky and it only works some of the time after first switching on the radio, which is a shame when I am having such a problem reading the display.

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu May 23, 2024 4:21 pm

Hi,
G4WKW wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:24 pm
I was gifted an old Moonraker HT-500D (a rebadged RT-82) with a broken antenna socket and dodgy on/off volume pot. I took it apart and replaced both with Boafeng parts, so the potentiometer shaft is not as tall as the original and the radio now has a male SMA socket, rather than the original female one.

After replacing the speaker cable with a longer one and re-assembling the radio, I was met with a black screen on switching it on (!). I went ahead and put it in firmware update mode and loaded the latest Alpha 2024 04 12 onto it and found some info on trying to get the display working. I took it apart again, took out the display ribbon cable and cleaned it with Isopropyl Alcohol (using a pipe cleaner). After this, I do have a very dim display, which I can just read using a bright light shining on it.

I have set these Display Options:
- Brightness 100%
- Night Bright 100%
- Min Bright 90%

Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to try and get the display working properly again (it seems like a backlight issue)?

I have successfully used the radio with BlueDV for Windows (Version 1.0.0.9632) running on a desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro. I have the radio running in VFO DMR mode on 70cm and connected to it from my Retrevis RT3S running OpenGD77. I have configured BlueDV for FreeDMR and been trying different talkgroups, but will also try using TGIF with it too.

I also loaded Voice Prompts to the radio, namely "english_AU_nicole-1.5_UV380-like.vpr". The operation with this file seems very flaky and it only works some of the time after first switching on the radio, which is a shame when I am having such a problem reading the display.
Looks like there is a problem with the backlight. You can try to check the power line.

Otherwise, about voice prompts, you can enable to most verbose mode:
press and hold the '#' button while powering up the radio.

https://github.com/LibreDMR/OpenGD77_Us ... mbinations

Cheers.
---
Daniel