Hi all,

Installed on my MD2017 unit...

Looks to work.

The only "issue" I saw is:

Channels details got distorted and now they show weird characters... See image:
IMG-20240203-WA0007.jpg

I think a clean and new codeplug will avoid those "mistakes"
Did you look load an OpenGD77 codeplug?

In the text instructions and in the video I say you must load and OpenGD77 codeplug

Yes... Done

oh2fhj

Re: TYT MD2017 / Retevis RT-82 Public Alpha version

Post by oh2fhj » Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:43 pm

thanks werry much for the great job, I got new life to my tyt 2017

I just upgrade the radio to day and been playing with it a bit, the QuickKeys don't work and the radio will fress up if you try to many times, it frezes up so bad it wont turn off, and only way to get it working is to take the battery out, its not a big issue for me, but it would be nice to et to work in case I did something wrong in the menu or something.

im just making the codeplug and going to be playing with the radio for a few days. Im going to take the radio to the radio club and measure the signal strength meter and let you guys know how bad its off in my case

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:17 pm

oh2fhj wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:43 pm

I just upgrade the radio to day and been playing with it a bit, the QuickKeys don't work and the radio will fress up if you try to many times, it frezes up so bad it wont turn off, and only way to get it working is to take the battery out, its not a big issue for me, but it would be nice to et to work in case I did something wrong in the menu or something.

im just making the codeplug and going to be playing with the radio for a few days. Im going to take the radio to the radio club and measure the signal strength meter and let you guys know how bad its off in my case
Had to test the quickkeys on my RT-82 and they seems to work on my radio, no freeze.

Any example of keypresses that freezed it ?

EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:03 pm

oh2fhj wrote:

As it was said, there's more than one hardware version and some units do freeze...
As per Roger comment, it will be useful for the development team to have a dump of those radios freezing in order to investigate.

"
If the firmware does not work with your radio, please backup the Flash, the Backup Registers and the MCU ROM and post a link so we can download and analyse them
"

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:23 pm

oh2fhj wrote:

Sometimes, after the first codeplug upload, you need to clear all the quickkeys (SK2 + longpress number), and this for the 10 quickkeys.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:49 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:23 pm
oh2fhj wrote:

Sometimes, after the first codeplug upload, you need to clear all the quickkeys (SK2 + longpress number), and this for the 10 quickkeys.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Hi Daniel..

Didn't work. :cry:

oh2fhj

Post by oh2fhj » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:40 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:17 pm
oh2fhj wrote:

Had to test the quickkeys on my RT-82 and they seems to work on my radio, no freeze.

Any example of keypresses that freezed it ?
hi F1RMB thanks for the reply, i been playing around with the radio now for a while and I dont get it to lock up anymore, no mather what I do.

I managed to get the rss meter in QuickKeys under button 1, but not shore how I did it. what happens in the screen is that those buttons that are not mapped to anything flashes only the boot text screen.

I think the lockup happend only before I write the codeplug to the radio and fixt it self after that. I programmed the radio with finnish language package and if everything else is the same with our radios, its might be one off the things I'm going to try to program it again without

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:44 am

oh2fhj wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:40 am
I think the lockup happend only before I write the codeplug to the radio and fixt it self after that.
I wrote in the installation instructions

"If you use OpenGD77 on another radio, you can use the same codeplug with the MD2017, so simply upload the codeplug to the radio

If you don't have an OpenGD77 codeplug, you will need to make a basic codeplug, by entering your DMR ID and callsign into the CPS, and optionally setup some channels and then upload that codeplug to the radio"

Before you load an OpenGD77 codeplug the radio is full of unknown official firmware data, which the OpenGD77 firmware is unable to read and WILL cause errors and possibly crash if you attempt to do anything with the radio.

oh2fhj

Post by oh2fhj » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:45 am

F1RMB wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:23 pm
oh2fhj wrote:

Cheers.
---
Daniel
that one actually worked for me, thanks a lot :)

oh2fhj

Post by oh2fhj » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:17 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:44 am
oh2fhj wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:40 am
I think the lockup happend only before I write the codeplug to the radio and fixt it self after that.
I wrote in the installation instructions

"If you use OpenGD77 on another radio, you can use the same codeplug with the MD2017, so simply upload the codeplug to the radio

If you don't have an OpenGD77 codeplug, you will need to make a basic codeplug, by entering your DMR ID and callsign into the CPS, and optionally setup some channels and then upload that codeplug to the radio"

Before you load an OpenGD77 codeplug the radio is full of unknown official firmware data, which the OpenGD77 firmware is unable to read and WILL cause errors and possibly crash if you attempt to do anything with the radio.
yep everything came down to user error. the radio works great now. thanks for the great work. and sorry for my ignorance, I should have worked out these issues reading the instructions and manual before posting here

I love the radio now whit the openGD77 software, the radio is actualy usefull and much more simple to use now

I wrote the codeplug using cv files copying pretty much from my anytone cv files, tock me only something like 30 min.