Baofeng DM-1701 programmed & seems to be working but no receive audio on DMR

K7XTN

Re: Baofeng DM-1701 programmed & seems to be working but no receive audio on DMR

Post by K7XTN » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:43 pm

Thanks @SA0BUX, here's a link to the codeplug files https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing (on Google drive, anyone with link should be able to view & comment). And I'll email them to you as well.
Analog repeaters work great. I've had multiple QSOs. There's no problem with the mic or speaker on either radio. The reason I used the ear piece was to avoid feedback since I transmitting on one radio and receiving on the other.
Thanks very much for your help.
Christian

KK7OSL

Re: Baofeng DM-1701 programmed & seems to be working but no receive audio on DMR

Post by KK7OSL » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:18 am

Hi K7XTN,
I am new to ham in general and DMR however I do have your same radio from amazon with the same firmware loaded and I was able to get it going.
Feel free to hit me up on mail or DM and we can try to figure out what is going on.

Daniel - KK7OSL

K7XTN

Post by K7XTN » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:20 am

KK7OSL wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:18 am
Hi K7XTN,
I am new to ham in general and DMR however I do have your same radio from amazon with the same firmware loaded and I was able to get it going.
Feel free to hit me up on mail or DM and we can try to figure out what is going on.

Daniel - KK7OSL
Hi Daniel, thanks so much, that would be great to get your help! My email is christian.d.helfrich@gmail.com. Would you be willing to share your code plug with me? I'd love to just see how it looks and what you did.
Thanks again very much for reaching out to offer to help.
Christian K7XTN

K7XTN

Post by K7XTN » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:03 am

Hi all, an update and big thank you to Daniel KK7OSL who got on a Zoom call with me tonight and got me unstuck. Daniel had me get on the Bellevue/Cougar Mtn repeater (N7ERP) and try the parrot while monitoring the live monitor of connecting stations (https://pnwdigital.net/bridgewatch/?filter=PNW) and it turned out the time slot was locked (see picture) even though when I went to the menu it showed the correct time slot. I'm still not sure why that happened. The TS graphic color on the screen is inverted presumably indicating that it's locked. I'll dig into the users manual to see if I can find it but if anyone knows, I'd love to know.
I'm still not getting anything from the parrot on W7ACS (441.025+,CC2, TS1) even though the CC and TS were correct. Though Doug Kingston KD7DK, one of our local DMR (and all things ham) elmers said that the W7ACS repeater had unreliable performance, so that's perhaps it.
I'll play around more on the weekend, but at least I'm hearing audio from the N7ERP repeater (both the parrot and Daniel got me tuned in to here some conversations on TG 3100). Thanks much again to KK7OLS for the help! And to everyone else for the replies and suggestions!
Christian K7XTN
Attachments
Baofeng DM-1701 TS lock image.jpg
Baofeng DM-1701 TS lock image.jpg (72.79 KiB) Viewed 2267 times

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:50 am

Hi,
The TS displayed on the screen is the one you will transmit on, not the one that is currently RXing.
It's displayed in inverse video because you disabled the TS filter (it's documented), hence you could hear any.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:20 am

K7XTN wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:03 am
Hi all, an update and big thank you to Daniel KK7OSL who got on a Zoom call with me tonight and got me unstuck. Daniel had me get on the Bellevue/Cougar Mtn repeater (N7ERP) and try the parrot while monitoring the live monitor of connecting stations (https://pnwdigital.net/bridgewatch/?filter=PNW) and it turned out the time slot was locked (see picture) even though when I went to the menu it showed the correct time slot. I'm still not sure why that happened. The TS graphic color on the screen is inverted presumably indicating that it's locked. I'll dig into the users manual to see if I can find it but if anyone knows, I'd love to know.
I'm still not getting anything from the parrot on W7ACS (441.025+,CC2, TS1) even though the CC and TS were correct. Though Doug Kingston KD7DK, one of our local DMR (and all things ham) elmers said that the W7ACS repeater had unreliable performance, so that's perhaps it.
I'll play around more on the weekend, but at least I'm hearing audio from the N7ERP repeater (both the parrot and Daniel got me tuned in to here some conversations on TG 3100). Thanks much again to KK7OLS for the help! And to everyone else for the replies and suggestions!
Christian K7XTN
Hi,

I looked in the g77 file and you still had a repeater DMR ID on the first 6 channels, the channel DMR id should normally be blank so the radio use the default DMR id specified under "DMR Id and callsign"
Saw it in your Channels.csv too.

But I hope that you have corrected that now, good that you got help from KK7OSL !