Aliexpress opengd77

SO5AJG

Re: Aliexpress opengd77

Post by SO5AJG » Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:50 pm

After connecting to the computer, the radio is visible in the device manager, but the factory CPS does not see it. CPS OpenGD77 obviously sees the radio. In this situation, it is not possible to upload the factory firmware. When asked about the possibility of returning to the factory F/W, the seller stated that the technicians confirmed that this was not possible. I think somewhere on the forum Roger confirmed that for this change you need an old backup uploaded before the change to OpenGD77. I also don't see a way to make this backward movement from F/W to the factory version.
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:09 pm
SO5AJG wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:36 pm
I am looking for a batch for the W25Q128BV flash memory, because after uploading the factory firmware it was damaged and the desired operating frequencies can no longer be set, which are now generated accidentally. The size of the bin file is 16384KB. Now without replacing this file the radio is useless. I had such a situation with the RD-5R radio, in which it was damaged after performing a hard reset. Only after uploading the contents of such memory from a functional radio to the flash memory, it was possible to start it. Maybe someone has the ability to copy the content from their DM-1701, I would be very grateful, because I can't find the right file for a long time.
If you have damaged your flash memory, you will have cleared the factory calibration data which is stored in a separate part of the chip

We do not have any code to write to the secure store where the calibration data is stored

Did you backup the calibration data using the official CPS

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:10 pm

It is always possible to load any firmware. The bootstrap loader is never changed. So it is always possibly to put the radio into DFU mode.

However there is no guarantee that the loaded firmware will work correctly as it may rely on data stored in the flash memory that may have been changed.

In practice there is a good chance it will work even without a backup available.

Colin G4EML

SO5AJG

Post by SO5AJG » Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:38 pm

I entered through DFU and uploaded the old F/W, but now I can't upload the codeplug because it asks for a password I don't know.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:54 pm

I don't have the same radio as you but I think the Official CPS is similar on all these radios.

You could try this to disable the password checking. It works on TYT and Retevis radios so it may work on yours.

Look in the folder on your computer that contains the CPS. You should find a file called setting.ini

Open that file in a text editor and find the line that starts 'password='
Change this to read 'password=password'
Save the file and restart the CPS

You should now be able to upload a codeplug without needing the password.

Colin G4EML

SO5AJG

Post by SO5AJG » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:57 am

That's it, it helped. Thank you.