Localisation support (foreign languages)

9A3HVZ

Re: Localistion support (foreign languages)

Post by 9A3HVZ » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:11 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 am
Hi,
9A3HVZ - Drazen wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Hello to you...
I translated from English to Croatian paying attention to the length of the words.
Now I give you back the edited folder.
Please explain to me now how to insert this into my Open GD77.
I just reviewed the file, and a lot of entries are translated (the whole bottom quarter), many are way too long (you didn't payed attention about the comments, as many entries are used as settings, hence with ':' + another entry or some values).

I added some comments about "missing translations"/"too long" in the attached file.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Greeting
I fixed the map and saw where I went wrong. Where I had too long words, and where I did not translate at all.
I think that some words should remain in their original form, and have the same meaning in both English and Croatian, and they are: PTT, Color Code, Time Slot, TOT, WOX, DMR mic, FM mic, Start, Stop, Master, Vox, Info...
So I didn’t translate those words in general because I consider them the standard language of amateur radio and the world in general. And they have not been translated into Slovenian either.
I compared this translation with the Slovenian translation (which is similar to the Croatian language) and walking through my OpenGD 77 I paid attention to every detail. I hope that everything will be fine now and that this language will enter on 09.01. as you said in the next beta if I remember correctly.
If a word is found that is too long, please personally take away the last letter to be according to the given length and in order to shorten the time of editing this language or translation into Croatian.
Attachments
croatian-to-complete.h.zip
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

9A3HVZ

Post by 9A3HVZ » Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:12 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:43 am
Hi,
9A3HVZ - Drazen wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:58 pm

Hello to you...
I translated from English to Croatian paying attention to the length of the words.
Now I give you back the edited folder.
Please explain to me now how to insert this into my Open GD77.
I just reviewed the file, and a lot of entries are translated (the whole bottom quarter), many are way too long (you didn't payed attention about the comments, as many entries are used as settings, hence with ':' + another entry or some values).

I added some comments about "missing translations"/"too long" in the attached file.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Greeting
I fixed the map and saw where I went wrong. Where I had too long words, and where I did not translate at all.
I think that some words should remain in their original form, and have the same meaning in both English and Croatian, and they are: PTT, Color Code, Time Slot, TOT, WOX, DMR mic, FM mic, Start, Stop, Master, Vox, Info...
So I didn’t translate those words in general because I consider them the standard language of amateur radio and the world in general. And they have not been translated into Slovenian either.
I compared this translation with the Slovenian translation (which is similar to the Croatian language) and walking through my OpenGD 77 I paid attention to every detail. I hope that everything will be fine now and that this language will enter on 09.01. as you said in the next beta if I remember correctly.
If a word is found that is too long, please personally take away the last letter to be according to the given length and in order to shorten the time of editing this language or translation into Croatian.
Attachments
croatian-to-complete.h.zip
(4.49 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:22 pm

Hi,

Okay, thanks for the update.
Well, I guess one or two entries does need some fine tuning, but you will be able to check that using the next beta, and post some updates about that.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

9A3HVZ

Post by 9A3HVZ » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:17 pm

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:22 pm
Hi,

Okay, thanks for the update.
Well, I guess one or two entries does need some fine tuning, but you will be able to check that using the next beta, and post some updates about that.

Cheers.
---
Daniel
Thank you for your patience and understanding. I hope this language will be in this version now, so we can work on improving the language for other users. I can't wait for the Croatian language in the next version.
tnx for now .... I hope for further progress ... and help from me ...

EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 pm

Updated Catalan.
Version #11 11March2022

Suspend text changed to HIBERNAR, 'cause this feature seems closer to HIBERNATE...
Attachments
catalan.zip
(3.93 KiB) Downloaded 42 times

EA3BIL

Post by EA3BIL » Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:00 pm

Updated Spanish.
Version #11 11March2022

Suspend text changed to HIBERNAR, 'cause this feature seems closer to HIBERNATE...
Attachments
spanish.zip
(4.38 KiB) Downloaded 41 times

F1RMB

Post by F1RMB » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:17 pm

Hi Rafa,
EA3BIL wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:00 pm
Updated Spanish.
Version #11 11March2022

Thanks for the Spanish and Catalan updates.

Cheers.
---
Daniel

DG3GSP

Post by DG3GSP » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:57 am

Enclosed my updated and revised german translations. The wordlist contains also some changes resulting feedback from other german hams.
Attachments
translations_german.zip
Updated wordlist & german.h
(7.59 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

IZ2EIB

Post by IZ2EIB » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:12 pm

Hi guys.
Here is the updated italian.h and wordlist_italian.csv files for the current GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09):
italian.h+wordlist_italian.cvs_GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09).zip
Updated italian.h and wordlist_italian.csv files for the current GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09)
(8.07 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
As always a big thank especially to Roger, Daniel F1RMB and all the people involved in the OpenGD77 project for the time and resources you all spend on the whole community in order to provide new features and bugs fix.
Thanks!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB

IU4LEG

Post by IU4LEG » Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:08 pm

IZ2EIB wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:12 pm
Hi guys.
Here is the updated italian.h and wordlist_italian.csv files for the current GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09):
italian.h+wordlist_italian.cvs_GD77 Beta - April 2022 (2022 04 09).zip
As always a big thank especially to Roger, Daniel F1RMB and all the people involved in the OpenGD77 project for the time and resources you all spend on the whole community in order to provide new features and bugs fix.
Thanks!

73 best regards de Fabio IZ2EIB
thanks Fabio, in this period I would not have had the time to do it.
73 IU4LEG Fabio