Nothing heard on DMR Heeellllppppp!

M7IGI

Re: Nothing heard on DMR Heeellllppppp!

Post by M7IGI » Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:17 pm

Have you tried going outside and trying parrott from there?
I haven't but i will give that a try.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:21 am

M7IGI wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:59 pm
yeah, correct colour code entered and also tried time slot 1 and 2

the 1 local DMR repeater to me is GB7FB i have also added GB7ND and GB7HD (probably not within range).

So I listen on FM to my call to the repeater? I am not quite sure what you mean by that
GB7FB is offline on Brandmeister since Sep 06 2023 https://brandmeister.network/?page=device&id=234081
but they may have moved it to a IPSC cluster https://www.repeaterbook.com/row_repeat ... B&ID=13687
https://ukrepeater.net/my_repeater.php?id=5155

Code: Select all

Downlink:	439.475000
Uplink:	430.475000
Offset:	-9.0 MHz

Color Code:	5
DMR ID:	234081
IPSC Network: South West Cluster - Color Code: 5 - TS Linked: TS1 TS2 - Trustee: M0MFS
Time Slot # 1 - 235  = United Kingdom
Time Slot # 1 - 810  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 901  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 902  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 903  = GCARC TG
Time Slot # 1 - 2350  = United Kingdom 4400
Time Slot # 1 - 2351  = Chat 2351
Time Slot # 1 - 2352  = Chat 2352
Time Slot # 1 - 2353  = Chat 2353
Time Slot # 1 - 4400  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 4401  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 4402  = ?
Time Slot # 1 - 4410  = K1JFJ
Slot 1 public use Slot 2 Raynet Private Server
Both Slots Linked

M7IGI

Post by M7IGI » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:35 pm

GB7FB is offline on Brandmeister since Sep 06 2023
Yeah, its on the SW cluster. I am obviously doing something wrong but i am not sure what. Going form the info on repeater book i am less than a mile away from it.

Thanks for the information. I just need to work out what i am doing wrong.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:58 pm

Can you confirm that you can receive from this repeater but not transmit into it ?

If you can receive but not transmit, and other people are using the same repeater, then one possibility is that your frequency calibration is wrong or not the same as repeater

Some MMDVM repeaters built from individual transceivers sometimes need accurate frequency calibration to use them

M7IGI

Post by M7IGI » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 pm

Thank you for everyone who has offered help. I am completely new to this and it has been a bit of a learning experience.

I had a good read of the sw cluster website and have entered the repeater info into the radio using contact details rather than talk groups and its working. I can connect to the repeater and hear audio. I can also use dial on demand to connect to other talk groups

TS 2 connects to a sw cluster network and TS1 locally and can call other talk groups using dial on demand. Its working so happy for now.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 pm

M7IGI wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 pm
Thank you for everyone who has offered help. I am completely new to this and it has been a bit of a learning experience.

I had a good read of the sw cluster website and have entered the repeater info into the radio using contact details rather than talk groups and its working. I can connect to the repeater and hear audio. I can also use dial on demand to connect to other talk groups

TS 2 connects to a sw cluster network and TS1 locally and can call other talk groups using dial on demand. Its working so happy for now.
OK.

Every repeater / network has their own specific configuration, and it sounds like your local repeater is especially complicated.

We have some local repeaters which are on one network on TS1 and another on TS2, and the useage of each network is quite different.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:40 am

M7IGI wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:37 pm

Great news , DMR and other digital modes such as D-Star has a learning curve, I remember when got my Icom IC-E92D 15 years ago.
I was never successful reaching any D-star repeater then, it was first many years later when I had a hotspot I could do my first D-star contact.

M7IGI

Post by M7IGI » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:30 am

I was never successful reaching any D-star repeater then, it was first many years later when I had a hotspot I could do my first D-star contact

Now I know it's working OK and I have started to get my head around it I have ordered the parts to put together a pi-star hotspot. I only have the 1 repeater locally to me.

Computers and electronics is more my area so looking forward to getting that going.

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:24 am

M7IGI wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:30 am
I was never successful reaching any D-star repeater then, it was first many years later when I had a hotspot I could do my first D-star contact

Now I know it's working OK and I have started to get my head around it I have ordered the parts to put together a pi-star hotspot. I only have the 1 repeater locally to me.

Computers and electronics is more my area so looking forward to getting that going.
Nice, was thinking about that when I wrote my earlier post but I didn't wanted to overload you.
I have built all my hotspots myself with MMDVM_HS boards ordered from Amazon or Aliexpress.

The main problem now is the shortage on Raspberries , most of the pi-stars use a Pi Zero W or Zero 2W and the latter is often on backorder.
I'm building an analog FM hotspot for SVXLink for the moment and waiting for the Zero 2 W.

KC6WOG

Post by KC6WOG » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:15 pm

The main problem now is the shortage on Raspberries , most of the pi-stars use a Pi Zero W or Zero 2W and the latter is often on backorder.
I'm building an analog FM hotspot for SVXLink for the moment and waiting for the Zero 2 W.
FWIW, the shortage seems to be easing. I've been able to obtain five Zero 2Ws in the past few months and have upgraded every Zero based project in my house. My hotspots and PiHole DNS server run so much nicer on the 2W! Sign up with one or more vendors to be notified when stock arrives, you might be surprised.