2023 Stable release version including source code

VK3KYY

Re: 2023 Stable release version including source code

Post by VK3KYY » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:58 pm

M0GZP wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:46 am
Congratulations on another milestone release of a stable version!

Now that the whole licensing issue has been resolved (this code base is clearly and unambiguously licensed), would you consider uploading to and using a public repository again? There exist many GitHub repositories with the name OpenGD77 and random older versions of the code, which make the whole situation very confusing. It would be great to have a single genuine "official" code tree, correctly licensed, for the current version, making all of the others obsolete. Hopefully it would encourage people to submit meaningful updates and overall add to the functionality and ecosystem around this wonderful project...
No. This is not going to happen.

When the source code was on GitHub it resulted in mutliple clone projects some of which achieved higher ranking in search engines, so people went to those instead, doing exactly the reverse of what you suggested.

Also. We simply don't have time to handle the volume of traffic / noise created by having code on github, where most of the submissions we used to receive were complete bigridden junk, or dumbass questions relating to the installation or operation of the firmware etc etc etc

SA0BUX

Post by SA0BUX » Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:41 am

F1RMB wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:53 pm
You need to open an existing project from the filesystem.

For the build target, like on Eclipse (same for MCUXpresso, as it's also Eclipse):
BuildTarrgets.png
Tnx, I had the folder above selected , found it when I selected MDUV380_firmware instead.
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 946 times

2E0IQZ

Post by 2E0IQZ » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:15 pm

any wizards out their able to help me re config source code looking to modify it so that i can have option for keys to be silent but allow me to turn on tx and rx beep as iv made mistake of letting up on the ptt and not actually tx or mid way through talking and not realized that i have not been tx the last minute or so esp fustrating when i have the leds turned off or am using my fist mic and caint directly see my radio thats on my backpack ect
thanks in advance