About The Improvements

TA8PRO

About The Improvements

Post by TA8PRO » Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:47 pm

I've been trying to install openGD77 on my RT3S for a long time. I recently succeeded. The software is great. I wanted to write here some features that I had in the devices I used before but that I would like to have in this software as well.

1- GPS System (You can share your location via hotspot with the GPS System included in the original software of the product. It is a really nice feature. I was using it especially on my fixed device (MD9600) but now I can't use it.

2- I would love to have the Dual Band feature. If there is, I couldn't find it, I'm sorry :)

3- I would love the software to work with Echolink, like MMDVM and BlueDV. When I connect the Hotspot (Raspberry Pi Zero W) and RT3S while they are on and make the "Modem-Radio Type" OpenGD77 via the Pi-Star software, it works, but when I disconnect and reconnect the Hotspot (Let's assume there is a Power Failure), it cannot get the RT3S back into hotspot mode. I think Pi-Star may be a topic that will interest software developers, but I wanted to write it here.

4. Will we install the software update just like when upgrading? If we do this, will the information in the memory be deleted? Can this be done through the program (Update Software) just like the (ContactList) update?

5. When GPS is on, I think we can see the transit times of the satellites. Which time zone does this time data belong to? Does it also receive the time data of our region via GPS? For this, there should be a clock on the main screen. Maybe the temperature can also be added. :roll:

6. Can a new channel be created? For example, can we add any zone we want after saving the frequency information of a repeater to our device?

I will try to add it under this heading as soon as I remember it. My respects to everyone who contributed.. 73.