Repeater Book

KJ5CIM

Repeater Book

Post by KJ5CIM » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:46 pm

Hello all!
I've been trying to find a way to load a codeplug to my radio. I see that repeaterbook has an option to export as a OpenGD77 file under Radioddity, but the CPS doesn't seem to want to play nice with it or any other .csv I can find. I have 101 analog repeaters alone in my other radios not to mention the added DMR info the MD-UV390 would use. Has anyone figured out ANY WAY to load data besides manual entry. Any help would be appreciated!
KJ5CIM

VK3KYY

Re: Repeater Book

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:15 pm

File menu CSV functions

Export

Update the files

Import

PS.

Repeater book file for GD77 is not for OpenGd77 it's for the official CPS

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:39 pm

There is no one click solution when using .CSV files. The content and column arrangement will vary. You will almost certainly have to do some manual editing in something like Excel or OpenOffice.

As Roger suggested export an empty codeplug from the CPS to create the file templates. Then copy data from your source into those templates. Copying entire columns is often the best and quickest way.

KJ5CIM

Post by KJ5CIM » Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:27 pm

Thanks for the help! I figured it wouldn’t be easy considering it’s DMR. I’m able to use the RepeaterBook query. It takes some editing, but at least some of the data is there.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 am

KJ5CIM wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:27 pm
Thanks for the help! I figured it wouldn’t be easy considering it’s DMR. I’m able to use the RepeaterBook query. It takes some editing, but at least some of the data is there.
Does RepeaterBook have any information related to DMR on individual repeaters.

As far as I can see even if you select the DMR information CSV for Anytone radios on RepeaterBook, the file just contains a generic international list of talkgroups for DMR MARC or Brandmeister

AFIK, most DMR repeater have specific linkages on DMR i.e talkgroups but that information is not in Repeaterbook.

KJ5CIM

Post by KJ5CIM » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:03 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 am
KJ5CIM wrote:

As far as I can see even if you select the DMR information CSV for Anytone radios on RepeaterBook, the file just contains a generic international list of talkgroups for DMR MARC or Brandmeister

AFIK, most DMR repeater have specific linkages on DMR i.e talkgroups but that information is not in Repeaterbook.
No, like you say, they don’t post a whole lot on each repeater. I’m in between two repeaters and one has about six talk groups listed on RepeaterBook. I’m going to build a hotspot so I don’t have to deal with the limitations while at home, but I still want to have other DMR and analog repeaters programmed for when I’m out and about.

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:07 am

KJ5CIM wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:03 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:59 am
KJ5CIM wrote:

No, like you say, they don’t post a whole lot on each repeater. I’m in between two repeaters and one has about six talk groups listed on RepeaterBook. I’m going to build a hotspot so I don’t have to deal with the limitations while at home, but I still want to have other DMR and analog repeaters programmed for when I’m out and about.
You can manually enter the TG's for each repeater or build a TG list for each repeater if they are different from each other

I have one TG lis for DMR Marc and another for BM, but the BM one only contains 505 and the OpenGD77 TG, and to get to any other TG I manually enter it

KJ5CIM

Post by KJ5CIM » Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:10 pm

Just an update. I was able to enter 219 channels (everything FM and DMR within 50 miles) using the RepeaterBook query, windows notepad, and the cps (using csv export/import method.) Just had to match the text structure and use copy/paste. Took about an hour and a half total time, but I could probably knock that way down knowing what I know now.
73 KJ5CIM

KC5JIM

Post by KC5JIM » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:34 pm

I've learned a lot from this thread. I've also found that the OP's call sign, KJ5CIM, is eerily close to mine KC5JIM

KJ5CIM

Post by KJ5CIM » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:19 pm

KC5JIM wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:34 pm
I've learned a lot from this thread. I've also found that the OP's call sign, KJ5CIM, is eerily close to mine KC5JIM
Glad you learned a lot and yeah, I could see where people might get our call signs crossed! Since this post, I’ve added a hotspot to my setup which simplified things greatly. Once it was set up, I can monitor the brandmeister network and jump into whatever talk group that’s active. I definitely recommend one if you don’t already have one. I got mine from Amazon for $65. Had to do a little soldering, but that’s the fun part to me. Anyway, 73 KJ5CIM