Unknown Ipsc group

ve3pv

Unknown Ipsc group

Post by ve3pv » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:57 pm

When I try to transmit on any of the talkgroups on my local DMR marc repeater my audio doesn't go through and "unknown Ipsc group " is displayed on the last heard list. I was told that the talker alias feature causes this. I have talker alias TX turned off in my code plug. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

VK3KYY

Re: Unknown Ipsc group

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:34 am

ve3pv wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:57 pm
When I try to transmit on any of the talkgroups on my local DMR marc repeater my audio doesn't go through and "unknown Ipsc group " is displayed on the last heard list. I was told that the talker alias feature causes this. I have talker alias TX turned off in my code plug. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
TA Tx would cause this, but its disabled by default for just this reason.

However , I have just tested turning on TA Tx and transmitting to a repeater on the DMR MARC network (Actually its DMR +), and the IPSC2-VKDMR does not show "unknown Ipsc group"

I've also tried entering random TGs like 123456 and they display OK on the dashboard even though they are not a valid TG in Australia

From your post its not clear what you are doing to cause this problem, but its potentially something in your codeplug Channle and TG configuration.

ve3pv

Post by ve3pv » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:26 pm

Thanks for responding Roger. I left the ta TX in the default off position. In my uv380 code I put the corresponding TG in TG list and N/A for contact is this proper or should I try N/A for TG list and put the TG in for contact?l know that it has to be one or the other and not both like with the tyt firmware.

S58SMS

Post by S58SMS » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:07 pm

Question for admin. Why don't you make a special topic or position on this forum, just for helping people, because:
- they do not read manual, which is 80% of the discussion mostly! I mean, what is point of DMR HAM other than trying, learning, programming, exploring FW like OPNEGD77 etc. ?????
- they are trying to get dmr training here
- actual developing topics, maybe 5% nowdays on this forum?
some time ago, it was opposite and that's why today we have opengd77, thanks to developers and COMMUNITY's FEEDBACK - trying, testing, learning, doing feedback!

Consider, if this forum is now ham community service or developing meant. In the worst scenario, maybe you should change name to opengd77 help forum. Just because, because somebody "forgets" to include donor file, is it worth your time ? On the other site, developers wasting time on those things says, their time for developing is limited :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :?:

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:56 am

I don't see the point of making special topics for people who don't read the User Guide.

If they won't read the User Guide, they won't read those posts, or search for the information online or watch any of the hundreds off OpenGD77 vidoes on YouTube etc

When people post bugs, we initially have no idea whether what they are seeing is a bug or is operator error

99% of the time the problem is now operator error, but we have to check for the 1% when there is a bug

There are plenty of other resources online that explain to people how to operate a radio, how to use DMR, how to use PiStar, its a waste of time duplicating the same information on this site.

N1EMS

Post by N1EMS » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:57 am

ve3pv wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:57 pm
This happens when you have the incorrect time slot selected. if I do a parrot/audio test on TG 9999 TS1 and use TS2 inadvertently, it will list this exact error.

Jason

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:37 am

N1EMS wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:57 am
This happens when you have the incorrect time slot selected. if I do a parrot/audio test on TG 9999 TS1 and use TS2 inadvertently, it will list this exact error.
This doesnt happen on the Australian DMR MARC / DMR + network, it will accept any TG number I've tried manually entering.

Try entering TG 9 manually, e.. #9 Green

This will work on either TS.

ve3pv

Post by ve3pv » Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:44 pm

My time slot was wrong thank you so much l am now able to use the local Motorola dmr repeater.

N1EMS

Post by N1EMS » Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:16 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:37 am
N1EMS wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:57 am
This doesnt happen on the Australian DMR MARC / DMR + network, it will accept any TG number I've tried manually entering.

Try entering TG 9 manually, e.. #9 Green

This will work on either TS.
This could be a config difference. The NEDECN Marc system. In New Hampshire/USA the system has a couple Motorola big wigs seeing the coordination.

http://cb.nedecn.org:42420/CallWatch
This monitor shows said information.

I’m glad the authors issue is likewise resolved.

Jason

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:13 am

It looks like that system is still using the C-Bridge software. Many countries have moved away from that to use the DMR+ software.