Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:43 am

SA0BUX wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:31 am
VE2NCK wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:53 am
all 3 of them are RT3S
1 with GPS S/N2201R03S11xxxxx
2 without GPS S/N2105R03S11xxxxx
all are hardware v3 (reported by the retevis cps)
I wonder if 2105 in the serial number could be YearMonth ?
If so ,those having problems is older than the one with GPS.

My GPS equipped RT3S has also 2202R03S11 in the beginning of the s/n and I bought it in 2022, the "seal" over one of screws says 2022 7
We'd need to hear some some more people who bought new Non-GPS RT3S radios, to know for sure that TYT have changed something.

The only other report was from someone who seemed to be unable to upload the firmware at all, which was probably a DFU driver problem, and eventually they stopped responding to my questions.

As OpenRTX works on VE2NCK's radios, and that firmware will be using the same encryption key, as found by the MD380 Toolz guys, its unlikely that the problem is the file encryption.

Possibly something in the GPS code in the firmware is crashing, but I don't think the firmware crashing normally results in the radio going back into the bootloader, normally if the firmware crashes it just ends up appearing to brick the radio, as it does nothing and does not respond on USB, until the buttons are held in at the side to enter the bootloader

VE2NCK

Re: RT3S use different display?

Post by VE2NCK » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:30 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:43 am
SA0BUX wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:31 am
VE2NCK wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:53 am
all 3 of them are RT3S
1 with GPS S/N2201R03S11xxxxx
2 without GPS S/N2105R03S11xxxxx
all are hardware v3 (reported by the retevis cps)
I wonder if 2105 in the serial number could be YearMonth ?
If so ,those having problems is older than the one with GPS.

My GPS equipped RT3S has also 2202R03S11 in the beginning of the s/n and I bought it in 2022, the "seal" over one of screws says 2022 7
We'd need to hear some some more people who bought new Non-GPS RT3S radios, to know for sure that TYT have changed something.

The only other report was from someone who seemed to be unable to upload the firmware at all, which was probably a DFU driver problem, and eventually they stopped responding to my questions.

As OpenRTX works on VE2NCK's radios, and that firmware will be using the same encryption key, as found by the MD380 Toolz guys, its unlikely that the problem is the file encryption.

Possibly something in the GPS code in the firmware is crashing, but I don't think the firmware crashing normally results in the radio going back into the bootloader, normally if the firmware crashes it just ends up appearing to brick the radio, as it does nothing and does not respond on USB, until the buttons are held in at the side to enter the bootloader
thats exactly what the radio do , once the Opengd77 firmware finish uploading the radio just shutdown, have to restart with side buttons to be able to talk with it again.
anyway to extract what's in the radio using the dfu tools STDFU tester DFU file manager or dfuses demonstrator ?

my RT3S-gps is from 2022 02
both non-gps are 2022 12

VK3KYY

Re: RT3S firmware won't run

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:06 am

OK.

What you have a called a boot loop, the firmware is not stuck in the bootloader

Basically for some reason the firmware is starting and then crashing, and rebooting, over and over.

However, I can't see how the lack of GPS is causing this, unless perhaps somehow there is random noise on the GPS data signal input, which is being miss interpreted by the radio as real GPS and somehow the data buffers are overflowing

I'll need to create a special version to email to you, with the GPS functionality removed.

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:12 pm

In your original posting you said that the serial numbers started with 2105 which would indicate a manufacture date of 2021.
You also mention a sticker with the later date 0f 2022 12. Where is that?.

I am wondering if the radios are actually old stock which has been re-worked or updated in some way. Not that it makes much difference to the problem but it might be a clue.

Colin G4EML

1DangerMouse

Post by 1DangerMouse » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:53 pm

Afternoon, I Received my New RT3S GPS from AliExpress Version which I installed tried to Install the latest Firmware it Detected DFU Mode in the PC and allowed to be be Firmware. But Now Also I get the Blank Black Screen nothing seems to work. PC Doesn't detect as a Device.

My Serial is 2212R03S

Guessing the Latest Models Not Compatible?

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:02 am

1DangerMouse wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:53 pm
Afternoon, I Received my New RT3S GPS from AliExpress Version which I installed tried to Install the latest Firmware it Detected DFU Mode in the PC and allowed to be be Firmware. But Now Also I get the Blank Black Screen nothing seems to work. PC Doesn't detect as a Device.

My Serial is 2212R03S

Yes. It does appear that something has changed in this new version

However apparently the OpenRTX firmware does run on these new versions.
Note. OpenRTX does not support DMR.

I sent a test version to VE2NCK which should only flash the Green / Red LED but that did'nt work either, so there seems to be something fundamental in the initial setup of the firmware which is causing a problem, even before the User Interface or higher levels of the firmware should run.

1DangerMouse

Post by 1DangerMouse » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:08 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:02 am
1DangerMouse wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:53 pm

My Serial is 2212R03S

Yes. It does appear that something has changed in this new version

However apparently the OpenRTX firmware does run on these new versions.
Note. OpenRTX does not support DMR.

I sent a test version to VE2NCK which should only flash the Green / Red LED but that did'nt work either, so there seems to be something fundamental in the initial setup of the firmware which is causing a problem, even before the User Interface or higher levels of the firmware should run.
Ok Thanks. If I can Help with My GPS Version Please let me know, and I try I best for testing etc.

VE2NCK

Post by VE2NCK » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:30 pm

G4EML wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:12 pm
In your original posting you said that the serial numbers started with 2105 which would indicate a manufacture date of 2021.
You also mention a sticker with the later date 0f 2022 12. Where is that?.

I am wondering if the radios are actually old stock which has been re-worked or updated in some way. Not that it makes much difference to the problem but it might be a clue.

Colin G4EML
sorry i missed that reply,
the sticker is under the battery on a screw, usual assembly line with a pen mark on the month.
the radio had obviously been updated to latest firmware, using cps software v1.30 which i believe is the TYT current version at the moment.
i can revert fw back to 18.xx
both tyt v1.30 cps and retevis v1.12 work like usual
fw upgrade are done using downloader v 3.07

VK3KYY

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:47 pm

Can anyone who has the problem of the firmware not running on their new RT-3S / UV380 please try loading this test firmware

https://opengd77.com/downloads/MDUV380/ ... ropped.bin

All it should do is flash the green LED several times a second.

This version only initialises the CPU click PLL and the GPIO pins and then flashes the LED using a delay loop, i.e its almost the bare minimum possible code.

i.e all it does is

Code: Select all

HAL_Init();

__HAL_RCC_SYSCLK_CONFIG(RCC_CFGR_SWS_HSI);

SystemClock_Config();

MX_GPIO_Init();

while(true)
  {
	  HAL_GPIO_TogglePin(LED_GREEN_GPIO_Port, LED_GREEN_Pin);
	  for(volatile int i=0;i<1000000;i++);
  }

VE2NCK

Post by VE2NCK » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:52 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:47 pm
Can anyone who has the problem of the firmware not running on their new RT-3S / UV380 please try loading this test firmware

https://opengd77.com/downloads/MDUV380/ ... ropped.bin

All it should do is flash the green LED several times a second.

This version only initialises the CPU click PLL and the GPIO pins and then flashes the LED using a delay loop, i.e its almost the bare minimum possible code.
it is looping on the flashing process, write failed