CPS DMR Contacts

VK5FSCK

CPS DMR Contacts

Post by VK5FSCK » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:03 am

Hi All,

Let me first start off with saying big thanks to Roger and team for this firmware for the RT3s HT.

Problem I have come across with the CPS is that you seem to be only able to load one DMR Contact ID prefix at one at time, ie 505 then moving on to the next prefix you want. I have tried doing 505,XXX,XXX etc and swapping out the commors for spaces etc. Is there a way to load multiple DMR ID prefixes or can this be something that can be added to the CPS?

Regards & 73
Dale de VK5ZSH

VK3KYY

Re: CPS DMR Contacts

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:11 am

The CPS currently does not support lists of regions

You can however download data for 505 and then download data for anothe region, and the other region(s) will be appended

The subsequent presses on Download don't actually download again, it uses the cached download, but it still takes time to filter based on the region and append those DMR ID's to the master list that is compressed and uploaded to the radio when you press the Write button

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:25 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:11 am
The CPS currently does not support lists of regions

You can however download data for 505 and then download data for anothe region, and the other region(s) will be appended

The subsequent presses on Download don't actually download again, it uses the cached download, but it still takes time to filter based on the region and append those DMR ID's to the master list that is compressed and uploaded to the radio when you press the Write button
Thanks for the quick reply Roger, yeah that is what I had to go through, but can a Export be added to the CPS so that the current list that been compiled in the CPS downloaded so that not have to go through the whole process of going through all the regions you was in Contact ID list and then it can easily imported back into the CPS at later date.

When I went through all this last night I didn't know there was a firmware update for the RT3s so have not upgraded to the latest firmware as will have to go through region stuff again :lol:

Regards & 73
Dale de VK5ZSH

G4EML

Post by G4EML » Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:29 am

The RT3S has enough memory to handle the entire database. Just leave the region selection blank and it will download the whole world in one go.

Colin G4EML.

VK5FSCK

Post by VK5FSCK » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:20 pm

G4EML wrote:
Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:29 am
The RT3S has enough memory to handle the entire database. Just leave the region selection blank and it will download the whole world in one go.

Colin G4EML.
Thanks, it not really what I wanted to do, but might have to :lol:

PU4BLA

Re: Contatos CPS DMR

Post by PU4BLA » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 pm

I loaded the entire list of contacts in the RT3S and there was still a lot of space left, the memory is too big.