Wind noise on internal microphone

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by oe7abh » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:05 am

Hi Roger,
In FM with OpenMDUV380 firmware the wind noise is also present, but not as disturbing as in DMR !

VK3KYY
Posts: 5123
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am

oe7abh wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:05 am
Hi Roger,
In FM with OpenMDUV380 firmware the wind noise is also present, but not as disturbing as in DMR !
Is the noise present with the official firmware ?

OE1MWW
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by OE1MWW » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:05 pm

Checked with GD77 and RT3S in both directions in FM.
GD77 (FM Mic: 1db, DMR Mic: 0db) <=> RT3S ((FM Mic: 0db, DMR Mic: 0db)

PTT on one device, receiving side on the other, holding the loudspeaker to my ear, I hear a distant roaring,
like when we held a large sea shell to our ear as children, because we were told 'listen, you can hear the sea roaring there'.

However, when I hold the devices in my hand at a reasonable distance, there is nothing to hear.

73's de OE1MWW
Wolfgang

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by oe7abh » Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm

VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am
oe7abh wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:05 am
Hi Roger,
In FM with OpenMDUV380 firmware the wind noise is also present, but not as disturbing as in DMR !
Is the noise present with the official firmware ?
I will do the test ! Please a little patience....

VK3KYY
Posts: 5123
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by VK3KYY » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:09 pm

oe7abh wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:19 pm
VK3KYY wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:16 am
oe7abh wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:05 am
Hi Roger,
In FM with OpenMDUV380 firmware the wind noise is also present, but not as disturbing as in DMR !
Is the noise present with the official firmware ?
I will do the test ! Please a little patience....
OK. No rush.

I was just trying to find out if this is a problem with our firmware, or whether its specfic to your radio hardware.

I always try to fix serious bugs as soon as possible

SA0BUX
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:50 am
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by SA0BUX » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:49 am

I tested on my RT3S ( Nov 17 2022 ) and I didn't notice any noise with internal microphone & antenna.

Do you hear some noise from the 9990 parrot ?

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by oe7abh » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:01 am

Is the noise present with the official firmware ?


I will do the test ! Please a little patience....
Original firmware restore RT3s:
After restoring the flash, the original firmware worked again!
I took this firmware-link (RT3s non GPS):
https://www.retevis.com/rt3s-dual-band- ... are-S19.06\ -> RT3s(CSV)-V19.06.bin

After extensive testing, I found that the wind noise is still there :cry:

73 Alfred OE7ABH

VK3KYY
Posts: 5123
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:38 am

OK.

Perhaps you can complain to the vendor that the radio is faulty

User avatar
oe7abh
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:19 am
Location: Zillertal AUSTRIA
Contact:

Re: Wind noise on internal microphone

Post by oe7abh » Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:04 pm

Roger and Colin,

thank you for your support !

73 Alfred OE7ABH

Post Reply