DMR Rx Dropout

User avatar
WY7JT
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by WY7JT » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:31 pm

Everyone once in a while I get a received station that drops out cyclicly, on a consistent time pattern. The station drops out and the green LED goes out, then comes back. The dashboard shows no packet loss or BER issue (but not all hotspots report BER). Other stations don't mention it, so looks like maybe a processing issue? I think I've heard this once or twice before the eco modes were added too, so maybe not related to eco modes. And it's similar to if you punch in a TG while receiving how it breaks the processing of the audio.

And I put the GD-77 next to it, and when it happened again the GD-77 didn't lose green LED or audio, just the MD-UV380.

EU1AEQ
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by EU1AEQ » Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:28 am

WY7JT wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:31 pm
Everyone once in a while I get a received station that drops out cyclicly, on a consistent time pattern. The station drops out and the green LED goes out, then comes back. The dashboard shows no packet loss or BER issue (but not all hotspots report BER). Other stations don't mention it, so looks like maybe a processing issue? I think I've heard this once or twice before the eco modes were added too, so maybe not related to eco modes. And it's similar to if you punch in a TG while receiving how it breaks the processing of the audio.

And I put the GD-77 next to it, and when it happened again the GD-77 didn't lose green LED or audio, just the MD-UV380.
Confirm. I also observe interruptions during reception.

Euli1988
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by Euli1988 » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:46 pm

I have the same problem. The reception is interrupted. In the meantime, my GD-77 continues to receive.

VK3KYY
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by VK3KYY » Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 pm

Euli1988 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:46 pm
I have the same problem. The reception is interrupted. In the meantime, my GD-77 continues to receive.
How often does the breakup occur, how long is the breakup, did you try setting eco mode 0, what brightness setting are you using?

User avatar
WY7JT
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by WY7JT » Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:28 am

VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 pm

How often does the breakup occur, how long is the breakup, did you try setting eco mode 0, what brightness setting are you using?
Brightness 20%, 10 s screen shut off. It's not happening that often, but when it does it's like one station usually and will drop out a few times depending on how long they transmit. Green light goes out with audio, and then it comes back pretty quick to repeat. Pretty sure I heard it before you added eco modes, But you hear people with hotspot issues and wasn't sure it was the radio. I'll test out eco 0 tomorrow with the GD-77 beside it to make sure it's the MD-UV380.

VK3KYY
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:30 am

WY7JT wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:28 am
VK3KYY wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:41 pm

How often does the breakup occur, how long is the breakup, did you try setting eco mode 0, what brightness setting are you using?
Brightness 20%, 10 s screen shut off. It's not happening that often, but when it does it's like one station usually and will drop out a few times depending on how long they transmit. Green light goes out with audio, and then it comes back pretty quick to repeat. Pretty sure I heard it before you added eco modes, But you hear people with hotspot issues and wasn't sure it was the radio. I'll test out eco 0 tomorrow with the GD-77 beside it to make sure it's the MD-UV380.
OK

We didn't receive reports of this from the original pre-ALPHA testers, but possibly they didnt listen carefully ;-)

Backlight dimming and also Eco modes are new features I only added last week, hence why I wondered if they perhaps were causing the problem

EU1AEQ
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by EU1AEQ » Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 am

About the interruption during the reception of the DMR signal, 2 cases were noticed today:
1.Within 40 seconds there were 3 breaks of 2-3 seconds. There were no interruptions in the firemaster's dashboard and in the mmdvmhost log.
2.When receiving a message transmission, strong distortions suddenly began (without interruptions). Reception was monitored in parallel via hose.brandmeister.network - there were no distortions. After switching from group to group in the same channel, the distortion disappeared.
ECO-1, 40% brightness.
As an access point DM1801+MMDVMHOST on WIN7

VK3KYY
Posts: 4821
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by VK3KYY » Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:28 am

EU1AEQ wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:19 am
About the interruption during the reception of the DMR signal, 2 cases were noticed today:
1.Within 40 seconds there were 3 breaks of 2-3 seconds. There were no interruptions in the firemaster's dashboard and in the mmdvmhost log.
2.When receiving a message transmission, strong distortions suddenly began (without interruptions). Reception was monitored in parallel via hose.brandmeister.network - there were no distortions. After switching from group to group in the same channel, the distortion disappeared.
ECO-1, 40% brightness.
As an access point DM1801+MMDVMHOST on WIN7
I just did some tests, transmitting on TG9 into my duplex hotspot, and occasionally the RT3S appears to begin to lose synchronisation, and the signal meter does not display the signal strength correctly and occasionally the loss of sync is enough for the signal to breakup

I don't know whether the C6000 is losing sync with the DMR signal or whether the CPU is perhaps not processing the data fast enough.

Testing with a simplex transmission however I did not see the same problem

But on simplex, even transmitting at 50mW on my GD77, the signal strength is much higher than my hotspot.

Your configuration however is more like simplex, as you are using a DM-1801 as a hotspot and it will only be transmitting on one TS.

So perhaps the common element is that the signal is from a network

User avatar
WY7JT
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by WY7JT » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:32 pm

Didn't take long this morning, confirmed the breakup with eco 0, the GD-77 never lost the signal, only the MD-UV380. I confirmed this on BM, TGIF, and YSF with DMR2YSF. The interesting bit, is it will be just one station, and they might be fine on the next transmission.

EU1AEQ
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Re: ALPHA version - Known problems

Post by EU1AEQ » Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:10 am

The backlight does not turn on in the mode
"Manual Display backlight is toggled on and off by pressing..."

Post Reply